Sunday 1 September 2024

Sunday Snippets - Van Gogh's World washi tape

An advertisement popped up on either Facebook or Instagram, totally randomly, for washi tape. So, as you do, I bought the box that was advertised as it features one of my very favourite painters. I had myself some real fun making up a batch of washi tape panels, all were made using snippets of plain white and white/pale ivory linen card leftovers. The card is trimmed away so any white or cream background card would do really. Then I rustled up some cards a few days later, this is the main one:

I used:

- white DL card blank, tent style

- used a snippet of Tonic irridescent mirror 'Inca Gold' card to die cut the sentiment using the MFT Die Versions Corner Concepts 'Happy Birthday' die

- the panel I chose to use is from the IEBEE company, based in China, and it's the widest washi tape in the 'Van Gogh's World' set of 36 washi tapes at three inches wide - more about the tapes below **

- made sure of the sides were trimmed nice and straight and then glued the die cut Happy Birthday to the back of the top left corner using a meduim nibbed glue pen

- just needed to place the panel with the sentiment onto the card base to work out how much to trim from the right hand end

- trimmed the end and stuck the panel onto the card front using thin sticky pads and the usual glue stick trick

- finished card number one!

- on a roll, I made three more following the same principle (photos are below) - super quick to make and I love the results

** A little bit more about the washi tape itself. The box contained 36 rolls of washi tape for £18 - that's 50 pence per three metre reel of tape! The number of rolls does vary depending on the design (they have FAR too many to choose from, all of them gorgeous) as does the price of course, It did take little while to arrive here but the packaging is fabulous, a really sturdy display box. Some of the tapes are gilded to add to the glamour! For accents I did sometimes add Altenew's narrow gold washi tape at the edge(s) BTW. The Van Gogh washi tape came from IEBEE and this is the link to the store home page - I'm not affiliated in any way, just a very happy customer. They have a huge variety of journalling and card making goodies - I particularly like the 'Monet's Garden' washi tape set as well as the 'Butterfly Garden' and know that Liz would love their 'Sunny Blooms' washi tape, loads of gorgeous sunflowers there! The tape is a joy to use and sticks really well. Mind you, I'll have to live until a very ripe old age to stand any chance of using even one box of it it up! But, at 50p per roll - who can complain, not me for sure. BTW, postage is free over £40 - I did pay £3.99 postage but, considering what I actually got, it was still money very well spent.

Here are the other cards I've made so far, all using the same basic design but more than one strip of washi and edged using Altenew's narrow gold washi tape:








My leftover gold snippets from the sentiments - man, I am SO mean with mirror card and keep the tiniest scrap! 
 
I'd like to enter my main card into the following challenges:

- Darnell's NBUS challenge #67 HERE - the Van Gogh washi tape is NBUS needless to say!

- Allsorts Week #796 HERE - the card has a sentiment and also is 'anything goes' if my sentiment isn't enough

Dudley Pupdate: I haven't had a chance to video Dudley spinning for his bedtime treat - sorry. Right now he's absolutely full of beans the minute we stir in the morning - leaping all over us when it's time to get up and play! I sometimes wonder if he gets lonely and is sitting beside the bed literally willing us to wake up! He usually goes out into the garden for a quick wee, then does several celebratory zoomies ............... before coming back indoors to see what there might be for breakfast! I swear, he's ruled by his tummy!!

Remember, I've just kicked off a new challenge over in the Snippets Playground HERE

Hope to see you on the swings - my mojo went off for a fairly prolonged walkabout recently but seems to be back and firing on all cylinders at the moment - hooray!

Love as always, Dudley Dog and me



12 comments:

  1. Beautiful Van Gogh card at the top of this post - a real masterpiece! What super Washi tape.

    Love the additional trio of VG Washi tape cards too. Your mojo is def running on all cylinders.

    See you in the treehouse after we finish skipping!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous washi tape and a bargain I think Di and I love all your cards, and the right angled Happy Birthday sentiment is perfect with the panels. Glad Dudley is in good form and full of beans, and I can see from these beautiful cards that you are definitely not suffering from a lack of mojo. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow yo have even busy Di, great cards you’ve made with that Washi, and the sentiment is a fab die, such a good idea. Glad Dudley is full of beans, perhaps he can join in our skipping! See you in the treehouse when I’ve done my homework xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooer should read ….you have been busy 😂

      Delete
  4. What a brilliant display using the VVG Washi tapes Di, such gorgeous vibrant colours.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! - what can I say, this is some fabulous washi tape and looks as if your mojo is definitely in overdrive having made so many beautiful cards. Love that corner sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Di what a lovely array of cards look almost painted the washi tape is stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great set of washi tapes and you've showcased them so beautifully with that fun birthday die! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh... these are amazing Di, and that tape - I am drooling.... I might just have to click on that link and have a look-see - I will blame you if I succumb :)
    Is the weather cooling a bit that Dudley is so energetic?
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maxine, it's roasting hot here right now but it was somewhat cooler when Dudley was doing the morning trampoline acts as we woke up! Beware, that shop is like a swwet shop to a child. Far too much to choose from - all of it delivious!! x

      Delete
  9. I love the Van G card and the others are equally lovely. I keep seeing these ads and ignoring them as most are USA and I don't want the customs/shipping charges. But now you have tempted me to look at this one! Thank you for joining us at Allsorts challenge.
    PS I have a similar stash of mirri card snippets too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I missed this post last weekend as we were still on holiday. What fabulous cards! I remember recreating the Starry Night painting with my Reception children when I was teaching. We often recreated Van Gogh’s sunflower painting too. I think I may need to check out the washi tape, you are so good at enabling, Di!
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.