Sunday 22 September 2024

Sunday Snippets - 'Smile'

Apparently it takes less muscles and also causes less wrinkles if you smile rather than frown! That's today's 'useless piece of information' folks!

It's been a weird week -  and time just seemed to run away - so my snippets card was made late, in next to no time  ..... once I'd found the snippets:


The leftover snippets of the black velvet and the patterned card rectangles were literally just slivers - close call!
I used: 

- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank - right edge opening

5.25" x 4" snippet of 'black velvet' card stock - I save every teeny little scrap in the packet and it's never far from my reach!

- 5" x 3.75" snippet of DCWV 'Quince Blossom' card stock, saved in the back of the pad and just enough to make the patterned panel - very tactile as the white flowers are raised and almost cry out to be stroked. It's a beautiful 12" x 12" paper pad that I really should use more! I think I won it a lot of years ago from Allsorts Challenge if memory serves me correctly

- glued the two layers onto the card blank

- next was the sentiment as I let the papers do most of the work

- I used a two layer Poppy Stamps die called 'Freestyle Smile' - bought in a clearance sale a little while ago

- used a snippet of the black velvet card and a snippet of vellum, from a little oblong dish in my filing tray beside me to die cut the sentiment and shadow backing

- glued the pieces together using a glue pen

- adhered the finished sentiment panel to the card front, using Stix 2 micro dots - which worked like a dream!

- and that was it - finished!

I'd like to enter this card into Darnell's NBUS Challenge #66 HERE as the Poppy Stamps 'Smile' pair of dies was having a first outing.

And, into the current Allsorts Challenge #799, under the 'Anything Goes' rule.

Dudley Pupdate: Autumn is knocking at the door - but Summer isn't yet over and we've had some very warm days. Lately, whether for coolness or to just hide away for peace and quiet, Dudley has taken to having several snoozes, day or night, in the shower room. We've had a few scary moments if I slip out of bed for a quick 'visit'! We often refer to Dudley as the silent ghost and it sure spooks you out to see a sleepy little white dog sliding past you in the middle of the night! No doubt, he will find another favourite spot before too long . I hope, it's most unnerving to say the least - he doesn't even stop to say 'Hello'!!

Very importantly, the results of Challenge #486 are now published HERE

Do please come and play in Sarn's current challenge over in the Snippets Playground! Just scroll down from my results post - over in the Playground.

Love from myself and Dudley, xxx



7 comments:

  1. I love that pretty paper and the sweet sentiment on this fab CAS card.

    Hope the silent ghost finds himself another spot to haunt soon!!!!

    Happy Sunday.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those little Daisies must have taken you ages but how effective Di, so pleased your going to share at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card Di, love that paper, I’d be stroking it too, I really thought you’d cut and stuck all the white flowers 😂. That must be scary, but at least he’s a friendly ghost 😳 😃xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this one and here was me wondering how adhering the little white flowers could make a card 'in next to no time'. Very clever use of that lovely paper and a simple sentiment is all it needed. Maybe Dudley is practising for playing 'ghost' for Halloween 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought those white flowers were die cuts! It's a fab card design. I can't see you at Allsorts but thanks for joining us in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too thought you'd die cut and added all those flowers to the designer paper! This card looks absolutely fabulous with that velvety sentient and a pretty piece of designer paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card and the Dudley pupdate made me smile!
    What great paper with all the little flowers popped up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.