Monday 30 September 2024

Rudolph Days Challenge - September 2024

I truly thought this entry would never happen - breaking a really long run of joining in with the Rudolph Days Challenge. However, here's my card, last minute, for September's Rudolph days challenge:


I used:

- 5.75" x 5.75" square white card blank, side opening

- a piece of the same white card stock. trimmed to 4.75" x 4.75" and set aside whilst I did the patterned layer

- for the patterned layer I used a very pretty pink piece of snowflake paper from Whimsy's 'Blurry Flurries' paper pack, die cut using a 4.5" x 4.5" die from the NBUS Penny Black 'snowflake stitch frames' set of dies

- then added the pink patterned layer to the white piece, before gluing the panel to the card front

- for the sentiment 'NOEL' word I used dies from the Creative Expressions 'Stacked Noel Layering Die' set - cutting three layers in solid white, solid black and then detailed white - and glued them together in that order (the set also comes with a backing 'shadow' die but I didn't feel it needed that)

- glued the sentiment onto the pink paper layer 

- added a double cut and layered white snowflake, using the same set of dies, on top of the letter 'O'

- final touch - a single little diamante gem in the centre of the snowflake just to add a tiny touch of sparkle - finished! 

It was a first outing for the 'NOEL' die set so I'm linking into Darnell's NBUS Challenge #66 HERE!

Phew, that was touch and go, I need a lie down! And, being a bit loopy, I did make two cards exactly the same! I might hunt out bigger diamantes and check if a slightly larger size would be better in the middle of the snowflake.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.