Without further ado - here's my snippets card:
- 4.25" x 5.5" white card blank, tent style
- a snippet of LOTV patterned paper from the 'Frosty Christmas' paper pad - I never throw out any leftovers from my little stock of LOTV pads! It was already trimmed to 4" so I just had to trim the short edge down to 5.25" - and of course I kept the bit that was left
- then stamped the owl, sentiment and hearts all in one go onto a snippet of white card using the Misti - and at the same time stamped a second owl. I used Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and stamps from the adorable Lawn Fawn 'Winter Owl' set of stamps
- then coloured the image, plus the extra one, using Pro markers - before die cutting the extra owl using a matching 'Winter Owl' die
- die cut the image panel using a very old Spellbinders Nestabilities Oval die and ran a ball ended embossing tool around back of the inner lip whilst it was still in the die to add the extra 'frame' - it's a trick I use loads as I like the extra finish it gives
- glued the paper onto the card front and then glued the oval topper in place
- finally, popped the die cut owl on top of the other one using thin sticky pads - and the card will still go at standard letter rate
Really, I could have saved myself the trouble of colouring the owl on the main panel as he ended up covered by the die cut one - but it was a chance to check that the 'Cornflower' Pro marker was the best match for the snowflake backing paper ☺
Of course, today's prize is:
At the end of all of the celebrations I'll do a massive draw session for all the prizes using the one Mr Linky - which is on the main snippets post HERE - so you do need to have entered one snippets make over on that post during this fortnight to be in with a chance :) Maximum of one entry please - to keep things fair for those who may not have time to craft.
Mr Linky closes at 11am on Saturday 5th January (tomorrow!) so you do need to have added a snippets make by then to be eligible for the draw. AND, you won't be able to leave any comments on the prize posts either after 11am - as I explained yesterday.
Just leave a comment on this post if you would like the chance to win one of today's three prizes. You have 35 hours after this post goes live - which should be plenty of time (it worked last year).
And there you have it, a total of 23 prizes to be won (counting the ones where I have three of the same items)!
That's me - I'm done! Ready to lie down in a darkened room for a week now - if only.
Hope you've enjoyed this mammoth draw - I really loved putting it all together for you, even if there were a few times I thought I'd bitten off more than I could chew. When this was planned we didn't have a manic puppy around to be looked after and he's certainly made a huge difference to any thoughts of 'me' time for the moment!
I'm managing to keep up with the 'yes please comments' as I have a system going - but so far am only just over two thirds of the way through all your lovely entries making my own comments and noting down possible 'picks'. I'll get there though - and it's so good to see the thumbnails back in town as well!
Love from Dudley, Parsnip and of course me -