Wednesday 21 March 2018

CAS Christmas March Challenge

Loll and Bonnie have started off a brilliant challenge called 'CAS Christmas'. They have a great Design Team and there's loads of inspiration for CAS Christmas cards - this month's theme is 'Holly' - a perfect choice!

But for some reason, even though we've recently had our fair share of snow here, I just couldn't summon up the enthusiasm for making Christmas cards until just the other day. Indeed, the monthly 'production target' is in danger of slipping unless I get cracking. So, some batch baking was called for and six of these little cards is the result, and I can play along in the CAS Christmas Challenge:

I used:

- 4" x 4" square white card blank

- square panel of silver mirri card just slightly smaller than the card front

- square panel of Neenah 'Desert Storm' card, cut very slightly smaller than the silver layer

- then die cut the Memory Box 'Cabrini Ornament' directly out of the 'Desert Storm' panel ready to inlay the details - and backed the aperture with medium strength double sided adhesive sheet. Hint, when working like this is pays to keep the piece of waxed paper you'll have peeled off to add the adhesive sheet - it can be used to cover and protect the front of the aperture area in between building up the inlays

- then die cut the ornament outline from silver mirri card, the holly leaves from a snippet of glossy green card, the berries and ornament itself were cut from snippets of XCut red and white adhesive glitter sheet

- assembled all the pieces and then added the image panel to the silver backing and then onto the card front

- it was just a bit too CAS so I die cut the 'noel' part of the Poppystamps 'Noel Snowflake' out of snippets of red XCut glitter sheet and added those to the top right hand corner of the card

- I didn't want to risk spoiling the fully assembled card by running it through the Cuttlebug so I just used the flat part of a bone folder to press firmly onto the die cut 'noel' - it worked a treat!

So that's the total pushed up to 37 Christmas cards - really should make a further 11 before the end of March to hit 12 per month but can't see that happening.





23 comments:

  1. Di, what a wonderful card, can never be too CAS :) but I do love the addition of the sparkly Noel. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super design. Looks like a stained glass window. Hugs Me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Di, a gorgeous card, love the white glitter paper on the bauble, congrats on having 37 cards done already, I need to get my finger out and get going on mine, sadly my total still stands at 1... have a wonderful week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card Di - I love this bauble die, it was the one you 'encouraged' me to buy!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous cas card Di.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great CAS design and I'm sure you'll catch up to your target at some point.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great CAS Christmas card Di....your target will soon be reached I have no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous bauble die and a perfect CAS card. Still got to make a start on my xmas cards and no doubt it will be a last minute mad rush.... again xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This holly bauble is so pretty Di and love the glittery look of the white bauble complemented by the sentiment in red, and a few more to boost your total. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I guess I have been living under a rock (well no guessing about it, I have been) as I didn't realize that Loll and Bonnie had this new challenge! Yikes! Now I need to check this out and see about playing along-although I've not been good at that either! I love your card Di. The ornament is so pretty and made for such an elegant card. Good for you for making 6 of these babies! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so striking and polished, Di! I love the CAS design on kraft and the huge WOW factor you get when it's done! I'm gonna bookmark this one! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a perfect CAS!! Love the inlay and the sparkling on the bauble!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, Di. Great use of the inlay technique and thanks for tip to keep the adhesive release paper. Love the silver mirri paper and your holly looks fabulous. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas Holly challenge. .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great sparkly bauble and a lovely CAS card. Most count mine up, no idea how many or few I have made.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! I want to make a card for this challenge but find CAS really hard to do. I never know when to stop and still feel happy with my card...
    Your is just the right amount of white space. The noel is perfect with your Christmas bauble!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So shiny and sparkly, Di! This is a gorgeous Christmas card. Good for you making six of these inlaid designs. They do take a while, but well worth it! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty card and I love that die ... 37 cards done...boy I need to get the lead out....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very sweet and lovely is your card Di another one added to your list x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh it's a gorgeous CAS card! I have only managed about four Christmas cards so far - I really must get cracking! Hugs xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'd forgotten that this die has holly! It's so perfect for our holly challenge and looks gorgeous on this shimmery white ornament, Di! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.