Friday 27 January 2017

A couple of challenges today

It seems like ages since I joined in with Less is More where the current challenge of 'New Beginnings' really appealed to me. So many 'new' themes to play with - in the end I went with 'new baby' and this is the card I made:
I used:

- 4.0" x 5.25" white card blank, tent style

- panel of smaller white card stock, die cut using a die from the Lil' Inkers 'Stitched Rectangles' set

- then die cut the apertures for the waves using a Memory Box 'Breezy Waves' die and backed the apertures with medium strength double sided adhesive sheet

- die cut the waves again from a snippet of pale blue card and then inlaid them into the wave apertures

- using the Misti, I then stamped the sentiment using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a stamp from the Simon Says Stamps set called 'Handwritten Borders'. I had to mask off the right hand end of the sentiment area on the card so that it balanced out - it worked too!

- glued the panel onto the card front using Collall All Purpose glue

- die cut the adorable little set of Mama duck plus her three offspring from a snippet of yellow card, backed with Stick-It double sided adhesive sheet and stuck them in place. The die set is NBUS and is a Joanne Sheen Signature set called 'Toy ducks'

- the 'adult' eyes which come in the little die set are massive so I used a smaller eye die cut from a teeny snippet of black card (meant for a baby duck) for Mama duck and just gently added dots to the babies eye areas using a black fine line marker

My in-house critic pointed out that the little duckies might be good for Easter cards - there's a thought.

It's also Darnell's NBUS #9 Challenge right now - and it's a first outing for the little duck dies.

I could have wept as I originally made another card specifically for Darnell's challenge and then at the very last knockings realised that whereas it very carefully covered the optional parts (CASE and camouflage) I hadn't used anything new/unused (NBUS)! The air was just a little bit blue here :) You'll see the card at some point and then will know why I was so upset - one of my better efforts, ain't it always the way though.






38 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this card! Great design with the cute little ducks swimming long the inlaid waves. Super sentiment too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute - a perfect result

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Di--the perfect baby card! I totally agree--the duckies will be so cute for Easter, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable!I had not seen that lovely MB wavy die...It looks great with your cute little ducklings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this CAS new baby card . . . It's gorgeous. Lovely dies. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an adorable card! Love the design too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's adorable and I LOVE your "waves", I'm sure you can find some NBUS for Darnell's current challenge too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww super cute crd Di l love the little waves and those adorable ducks enjoy your weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous new baby card Di, I love the way you've achieved the waves.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, love the ducks.
    Hugs, Chantal S

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute and those ducks would be super as Easter chicks too if you drew ickle legs on.!! Just reminded me that time is marching on . Our neighbour is getting induced on 5th Febraury and as its twins one of each I have double the cards to make. Hugs Mrs A. Ps. Norm is getting very excited about bring an honoury Uncle and will no doubt be over there offering his services. That is until he is asked to change a dirty nappy!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable card! The ducklings are so sweet and I love the pretty colour palette. The sentiment looms gorgeous and perfectly masked/balanced! What a shame about your previous non-NBUS effort but hopefully you'll find an occasion soon to share it with us. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute Di! Love the little ducks die cuts and that wave too! Such a lovely cute card xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute. Fab idea to put the ducks on the waves.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, how sweet new baby card!! These little ducks on the waves are so cute!!! Fabulous CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love you cute duck and inset waves Di and this is the most perfect baby card. The curly in line sentiment finishes it beautifully too. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely cute card and methinks there are some more dies for my 'wish list'!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sweet. I really like those gentle waves

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the card! But I couldn't find the waves at Memory Box. Any chance are from another company? Or retired?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sweet card! Love those ducks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great die combination, those ducks are so sweet! Perfect baby card and gender neutral too!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely fabulous card, great dies and such a super LIM card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  23. A really sweet card Di. I love those little ducks. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a sweet card! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  25. A really cute card Di, loving those little ducks!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Eek! That is the cutest baby card ever!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is adorable. Love the duckies..

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is just so precious Di! Love your little duckies and the beautiful die you've used for the water. Very creative!

    Looking forward to seeing your non-NBUS card. I know exactly what you mean ... I did the same thing, playing along and then realized nothing new on the card. Aiyiyi! xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is gorgeous card Di. I've already got some NBUS Memory Box ducks but just been shopping for those MB waves (they'd been on my wish list ages ago) so thanks for the reminder xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Di this is simply CAS-perfect, baby perfect and just absolutely adorably perfect too. So glad you managed to get in on time for the challenge. Hope you're well and as always thanks for playing along at Less is More. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is just too cute for words!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Cute card Di, love your little ducks!

    ReplyDelete
  33. First off, I'm so sorry that you went to all that trouble to join in the optional themes for #9, Di, and then realized there wasn't anything new. I feel your pain! I also hope I haven't missed it if you have posted it since. I'm gobs behind in the galleries, but I will have to scroll through while I'm here and make sure real quick.

    Okay, but, look how adorable this card is! You stinker, you have enabled me to get that wavey die now! It's perfect! And your sweet little family bobbing along makes me grin from ear-to-ear!

    Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #9! Thank you also for your kind get well wishes! I’m doing great, considering! Hugs, Darnell xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.