The current challenge over at Merry Monday is 'Sequins'.
Somehow, somewhere, I just knew I had some sequins from long ago so went into full ferret mode in the craft room. Out came the sewing goodies - no luck. Drawers were searched - no luck. And then I decided to look in the box where I store pearls and gems. And there I found some little boxes with 18 little compartments in each containing small embellishments, teeny pegs, large non-adhesive gems, google eyes etc. etc. AND, lovely shiny sequins! Yay! Goes to show that this place is really much more organised that I thought :)
- 5" x 5" square white card blank
- a slightly smaller piece of gold mirri card
- a slightly smaller again piece of white card stock, die cut using a Memory Box 'Large Circle Burst' die which was adhered to the gold card using thin sticky pads
- the white centre of the 'circle burst' was then stamped using a dotty circle 'Paper Smooches - Potpourri stamp set' and a gold ink pad before being set flat inside the circle burst
- a circular sentiments topper from Craftwork Cards was just popped in the centre of the stamped dotty circle, using sticky pads
- finally, those all important gold sequins - just a sprinkle in opposite corners, using Glossy Accents as glue
A couple of points, first of all, I did find that the Memory Box die kinda 'bows the card outwards a bit' - am sure this is due to the design rather than operator error - and so I used sticky pads to fix that panel to the card and quite like the effect.
Secondly, I know I had spotted a couple of folk using the same die but the idea for the dotty stamped centre came from Rebecca of MellyMoo Papercraft (LOVE that blog name!)
And of course, I made a second one the same whilst at it!
Edit: Hazel prompted me that this card is also in line with the theme of 'Glam it up' over at her Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge. At the time time I'm also joining in Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for July.
Also, Carol pointed me in the direction of the latest Simon Says Stamp challenge, which is 'spots and dots' - so I'm hopping over there to play as well, especially as I used the Paper Smooches 'Potpourri' stamp set.