A little neighbour is five today, it promises to be a fun afternoon as his Birthday party is being held in a 'party bus'. For the uninitiated, it's an old London double decker bus which has been converted into a 'party bus'. The idea is that you can hold a childrens' party in a safe, well padded (snigger) and self-contained area with usually a slide from the top deck down to the lower deck, 'ball pools' to play in, other activities and they also supply food and drink if required.The bus parks outside the front of your house and better still, there's no clearing up afterwards. Neat idea! Maybe we need one for the Snippets Playground on wet days?
I made this card for the little chap - it's really hard to see all the elements but there's a castle in the background against cloud patterned paper, a dragon, a little knight and a couple of other toppers, all popped up on acetate strips:
- an A4 sheet of SU 'Baja Breeze' to make the basic box
- a mixture of papers from three paper packs to decorate - 'Serif's 'Picnic in the Park', 'Let's Fly Away' (free with Quick Cards Made Easy magazine ages ago) and Echo Park's 'Hello Summer'
- then I set to with a couple of packs of toppers, bought in Hobbycraft, with a knight and dragon theme and strips of acetate to create the 3-D scene and the remaining stickers just decorated the flaps
- the only extra things I did was to pop the number 5 over the existing number 1 on the little knight banner and also added the little chap's name to the front flap by stamping with SU's 'Pacific Point' ink onto a snippet of 'Baja Breeze' card and then punching out the circles using one of SU's 'Itty Bitty' punches. The stamps are from a letters and numbers set made by Craftwork Cards - really with their card candi in mind
- oh, and I stamped Happy Birthday on the back of the box, using Inca Stamp's ''Dot Birthday' and SU's 'Real Red' ink pad - then added the last remaining 'Little Knight' for luck :)
All that remains is to find my ear plugs ready for a couple of hours of fun and games :)
I already had this card in mind for Taylor but it was also a good way to remind myself of the measurements and make a template as well as measure, fold and cut a basic box as Sam (Hettie) wants to have a try at making one on Saturday. I can see some more fun and games ahead!!