And here are the snippets I started off with:
|It's a pity the camera hasn't really picked up the sparkle in the stars and dots on the patterned paper|
- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank, side opening
- snippet of red patterned paper from a very old Fizzy Moon paper pad called 'Festive Fun' - it was the very last of the decent designs in the pad so the rest went into the bin! Shock, horror, so ruthless
- the snippet of patterned paper was just big enough for me to die cut it for a background, using dies from the Spellbinders 'Hemstitch Rectangles Venise Lace' set of dies
- glued the die cut background onto the card front
- then used a snippet of iridescent white card to die cut the Poppystamps 'Snowflake Corner Frame'
- also used the Memory Box 'Joy Posh Script' set of two dies to cut the sentiment - the backing using a snippet of vellum and the top layer using a snippet of the iridescent white card
- glued the snowflakes frame and the sentiment to the card front
- final touch, added some sparkly diamantes to the centre of each snowflake
I'd like to add this card into Darnell's NBUS Challenge #49 HERE. The 'Snowflake Corner Frame' and the 'Joy' sentiment dies were having their first outing.
We have a new Challenge over in the Snippets Playground HERE - with a lovely prize. Sarn is in charge this fortnight - but I'll be keeping a close eye on things in case it becomes too riotous! I know ALL about the contents of her satchel - and it ain't homework in there either!
Dudley Pupdate: It only seems five minutes since I wrote his last news, and nothing much has changed. We did have a mini Tsunami when he had his bath earlier in the week, but that's nothing new. The secret is for me to immediately wrap Dudley up in one of his bath towels like a Burrito and pat as much of the water away as possible before letting him go scatty running around and shaking himself dry. Then comes the crazy 'break dancing' as he's given a blow dry!
I did laugh on Friday - Len was busy in the back garden whilst we were expecting a delivery. So he told Dudley to 'stay on security guard duty' in his favourite place, at the top of the stairs, to watch the front door. The next time I looked at Dudley he was flat on his back with everything on display (albeit within his fluffy coat I'm glad to say), head to one side, paws flopped half in the air - snoring for England! 💤 So much for listening to instructions! As Len said, typical security guard really. On the other hand - if a leaf dares to rustle past the front door he's up like a shot - so we were in safe hands/paws really. 😃
Hope you all have a lovely week - we're on countdown to the Coronation now. Let's hope the sun shines! Or at the very least, it doesn't rain. However, the British won't let that spoil things - it's in our genes to complain about the weather ..... yet make the best of it when we have to. Today, Saturday, is beautiful here, it's sunny and quite warm. If we have this next Saturday it would be perfect.