The Easter bunny is back yet again - to wish you all a very Happy Easter:
- 5.5" x 4.25" tent style card blank, cut from 'Syntegro White Linen Silkweave' textured card
- assorted sizes of snippets of the same white card for the image panel and all the little die cuts (not worth taking a photo)
- cut the following die cuts: grass strip using an MFT die called 'Grassy Fields', unbranded sitting bunny, Charlie & Paulchen 'wheel barrow', plus the following Gummiapan dies: 'small tulips', 'tiny daffodils' plus a hen and chick from the 'rooster, hen and chickens' set
- once again lots of little die cuts to colour in using Distress Oxide ink pads and a water brush
then used a large ball ended embossing tool to slightly round/shape the
bunny, barrow, the flower heads, Mama and her chick to add some dimension
- rubbed some Ranger 'Micro Distress Glaze' onto each of the die cut and coloured pieces
the image panel was die cut using a Lil'Inkers 'Stitched Rectangle' die
- stamped the Easter sentiment into the top right corner of the panel using a stamp from the Clearly Besotted 'Say What?' set of stamps and a VersaFine Clair 'Morning Mist' ink pad
- die cut the bottom edge and sides of the grass strip using the same 'stitched rectangle die for continuity - a small detail but worthwhile - then stuck it onto the front panel using red line tape across the bottom section and a glue pen for the blades of grass
- built up the little scene using a glue pen, red line tape, tweezers, pokey tool and some teensy pieces of thin foam pad behind the wheel barrow, bunny, flower heads and Mama hen plus her baby. The flowers had already been stuck to the back of the wheelbarrow using red line tape
- adhered the front panel onto the card front, using strips of narrow foam tape to raise it up a bit
- finally, using a pencil, I added the eye and little nose to the bunny's face
I'd like to enter this into Darnell's NBUS Challenge #49 - the wheelbarrow, tulips, hen and chick dies were all having their first outing.
At last, after endless driving rain we had some wonderfully sunny and dry days in Hampshire! Hooray, we certainly feel all the better for it. It's good that the decent weather arrived in time for the kiddies Easter break from school as well.
Pupdate: Dudley is absolutely loving the sunshine - he keeps wanting to go into the garden just to stand and sniff the sweet Spring air, play chase the ball for a while and then do a few celebratory zoomies around the garden! We have our very own Spring lamb! Ahem, although we now know that rain is forecast for the coming week, I spoke too soon. Sigh.
The results of challenge #450 are now published in the Snippets Playground HERE.
Remember, Sarn is halfway through her current Snippets challenge - HERE.
Hope you're having a pleasant Easter - those who gave up chocolate for Lent will be no doubt having a little feast! We just have some of the small 'hard icing coated' Easter eggs to share here (Dudley has his own doggy choccy drops) - ooer, plus an Easter egg which a sweet little friend brought here a a gift, well in advance of the day! IF Len hasn't scoffed it on the quiet of course.