Here's the eighth prize in the 'Snippets Playground Celebration' prize draw:
- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank, side opening
- snippet of white card for the background, about the same size as the card front, put to one side for now
- another snippet of white card onto which I stamped various sentiments from Uniko's 'Simply Said Blocks - Christmas' set of stamps - following the idea Bev showed for using the stamps in her shop HERE
- to stamp the sentiments I used the following Brilliance Teardrop ink pads, from the top downover: Purple, Poppy, Sky Blue, and Thyme (this is for my own future reference when I find time to make a batch of several of these cards in one go)
- for the tree trunk I used the wrong side of one of the sentiments to stamp a solid block of 'Coffee Bean' Brilliance ink
- then cut out all the sentiments by hand (for the HAPPY I stamped the HAPPY CHRISTMAS' and then trimmed it down to the HAPPY). I trimmed that piece first so I would know how much to trim from each side of the other sentiments
- once I had the strips trimmed and also a piece snipped down for the trunk, I glued them in place onto the snippet of white card I put to one side earlier, using a Zig glue pen
- hunted around for a small star shaped punch, to no avail. So I used a peel off star with its border to top off the 'Christmas Tree' (never get rid of your peel offs!)
- then using my trimmer I just eyeballed at first then trimmed the panel down until I had even spacing all around it when it was measured up against the card front
- it needed 'something' else and at first I thought of adding a narrow 'frame' of gold card, then had a lightbulb moment and remembered my Sakura Callipgraphy pens so used a gold one to run along all four edges of the panel
- it still looked a bit 'flat' when placed on the card so I backed the panel with white fun foam and glued it in place using Collall All Purpose glue
- finished, and in fact a really simple card to make - perfect for batch baking!
I can see, having taken the photo in absolutely dire light, that there's a shadow down the left side of the panel where it's raised on fun foam. And also the tree is a bit a 'on the wonk' as I just eyeballed it - and am now sure I must have an eye that's also also 'on the wonk'!! Even allowing for the fact that the whole card is a bit askew in the photo, I should have at least measured when adding the green strip (built the tree from the bottom up). However, I just measured the thing and it's only 1mm out but to me it really does show. Hey though, it all adds to the hand made look - and that's my excuse 😆
I do love this set of sentiments and can see me using them a lot with Memento Tuxedo Black ink - there's even a HAPPY NEW YEAR stamp in the set. And they're a breeze to trim around - I used quite big scissors to cut the length in one clean cut and then smaller scissors for the short sides. A nice little job to (dare I even say it right now) take away on holiday. Anyone remember what a holiday is? Some sheets of stamped sentiments and a pair of sharp scissors and away you go!
And of course today's prize is this:
It's the Uniko Simply Said Blocks Christmas' set of stamps, the same as I used today, and once again you three chances to win a set!
At the end of all of the celebrations I'll do a massive draw session for all the prizes using the one Mr Linky - which is on the main snippets post HERE along with details of exactly how to join in - so you do need to have entered one snippets make over on that post during the three weeks that the challenge runs for to be in with a chance :) Maximum of one entry please - to keep things fair for those who may not have time to craft. Mr Linky closes at 11am on Saturday 9th January so you do need to have added a snippets make by then to be eligible for the draw.
Do please take time to read 'the rules' on the post in the above link. No-one has found them confusing, as yet, but they really do cover a lot of ground and are worth reading.
Just leave a comment on this post if you would like the chance to win today's prize.
Almost at the end of the prizes now, although you will still have until 11am on Saturday to add your ONE entry to Mr Linky and also to comment on any prizes you would like to win. But remember, please don't rush in and do them all at once - I will spot that right away.
No additional news from here since two days ago - one day is much like another and we're both having difficulty at times remembering what day of the week it is! Thankfully, Dudley knows no different except that the route for his walks has changed to avoid the areas that everyone seems to head for when they go out for exercise.
Love from Parsnip, Dudley and of course me,