Not very often you see a frog (a juggling one at that) on a mono-cycle! I recently thought I'd make a fun Birthday card for Joe, one of Len's great nephews, and this is the result:
- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank
- slightly smaller (5.25" x 4") piece of plain green card stock - glued onto the card front
- then a very slightly smaller piece of white card which I set to one side for the moment
- stamped a 'cycling frog' onto a snippet of white card - using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a stamp from a (pre-loved but NBUS by the first owner and yours truly) set of Stampin' Up 'So Hoppy Together' stamps
- coloured the image using Pro Markers and then trimmed it down before mounting onto another piece of the same plain green card
- I'd already chosen the striped paper from an ancient Capsule Collection pad by Papermania (called Verde) and carefully matched the plain green card as well as the Promarkers to the greens (NB once again the camera lies and his tummy is the same lime green as one of the paper stripes!!)
- from the striped paper, die cut a flag using one of MFT's 'Stitched Fishtail Flag Stax' dies
- at that point I could work out where to place the sentiment, using the Misti and also just placing the image panel in place without adhering it
- then stamped the sentiment using a stamp from Clearly Besotted's 'Say What?' set of sentiments, the Misti and Memento's 'Tuxedo Black' ink onto the piece of white card I'd set aside earlier
- adhered the fishtail die cut and then the image panel onto the white panel
- glued the white panel onto the green panel
- final touch - added Josy Rose Hot Nailheads so the frog was now a 'juggling frog on a mono-cycle' (try saying that fast three times), plus three more nail heads just scattered here and there on the card front
I'd like to add this into Darnell's current NBUS Challenge #18 as it was a first outing for the frog stamp.
A fabulous card - just love the frog image and all beautifully colour co-ordinated.ReplyDelete
You made a great fun card! It makes me smile!ReplyDelete
You're right . . . it's not often you see juggling frogs, let alone riding a monocyle! LOL!ReplyDelete
It's a fun card and I love the layout.
Hugs, Sarn xxx
What a lovely card, that image is brilliant and you've really done it justice.ReplyDelete
Looks like we're going to be winching up the drawbridge around Castle Willis again for the next six months or so. This time round I'll try not to pour boiling oil on overworked deliverymen who turn up late!
Nice clean card there Di,ReplyDelete
Love the dropped - um - juggling balls !
Well he's a fabulous fun little chappie for sure..... and a wonderful layout to your card xxReplyDelete
What a cute frog Di and looking great with the gems for juggling balls, and love the fishtail banner in coordinating colours as a background...a super card. xReplyDelete
So cute, Di xoxoReplyDelete
This is fantastic, Di! Great CAS design and wonderful color combo. It put a smile on my face this morning. :_DReplyDelete
A truly adorable card, Di. So fun.ReplyDelete
Hello Di, I've been a bit of a stranger these last few months but I'm slowly getting back into the old routine and hoping to pop in more often too. Love your card. A juggling, cycling frog is such fun. No promises to join in with a scrappy card anytime soon ... my cardmaking mojo has gone MIA ... but you never know. Hugs, Elizabeth xReplyDelete
What a cute way to use that stamp, Di. This is so fun and I love the design.ReplyDelete
Just love this frog, it is so cheerful and happy!ReplyDelete
Ah, this card for Len's grandnephew is really FUN!! That frog on mono-cycle make me smile! The nail heads added as little balls are a clever touch and love the striped banner that take the eyes on the frog! Such great design!ReplyDelete
Hugs (and cuddles to Dudley)!
That such a fun image, and I don't think I've ever seen it before. Cute card.ReplyDelete
(I just read Elizabeth's note, and I'm in much the same spot. I had to pack up my stamping stuff for a house move that ended up being delayed for months, and I'm still trying to work my way back to cardmaking and blogging.) I've missed you and everyone at the Playground.
Fun card! This one is sure to bring a smileReplyDelete
Love it Di - and I love the way you added the 'balls' to make it look as though Mr Green was juggling them as well as riding a mono-cycle!ReplyDelete
Oh what a fun and fabulous card love that frog xxReplyDelete
I'd go so far as to say I've NEVER seen a frog on a mono-cycle Di LOL! What a fun card - received with a smile I have no doubt. Vicky xReplyDelete
So cute! I'm sure your great-nephew will love it. It brought a smile to my faceReplyDelete
What a fun card Di, it's sure to bring a smile to Len's great nephew's face. I have this frog stamp set too, but I haven't used it for ages. Thanks for the inspriration to get it out again. xxReplyDelete
Ha ha awesome. Hugz Check this one. https://creativecraftinguncles.blogspot.com/2020/09/09-circus.htmlReplyDelete
OMGosh, this is such a cute card Di! I am so loving that frog on what we call a unicycle. I have a fondness for frogs and this one is such a cute one. Love the banner paper, such wonderful greens in it. I think Len's great nephew loved this card! Hugs, BrendaReplyDelete
Definitely a fun one! I bet he liked it a lot. Love the cas look and the monochromatic overall.ReplyDelete