Here's my snippets card for this week, based on a design I saw on the internet, although I can't trace who originally made it:
- 4" x 5.75" white card blank, opening on the short side for a change
- snippet of mossy green Core'dinations card stock for the backing layer, I used the non-textured side for the front
- snippet of SU's 'Real Red' card stock, topped with a snippet of Echo Park's 'Hello Summer' spotted paper
- the image is by House Mouse called 'Jelly Bean Nap', stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' and coloured in using Pro Markers
- die cut the image with a Spellbinders 'Labels Eight' die and backed it with a snippet of SU's 'Marina Mist' (created by drawing round the outer edge of the die and fussy cutting round the shape)
- wrapped a snippet of brownish ribbon round the layers of coloured/patterned card before gluing them to the card front
- topped it off with the layered image then added a bow, using the glue gun
The image was such fun to colour, I chose the snippet of spotty paper before touching the Pro Markers in order to pick out the same colours. The card was originally made as a 6" x 6" size but the end result had way too much of the mossy green card above and below the right hand end of the image panel. Went over various ideas to fill the space, none of which would have been right. So, in the end I lopped off the top and bottom of the card instead :)
Onto the weekly 'peek at the picks':
This fabulous card was brought to show by Brenda - just prior to a little trip to the theatre for a date with a surgeon :( Hope you're recovering well Brenda! LOVE the bronze, butterfly and buttons on this beautifully made card and of course one of Brenda's trademark bows - everything about it is just so perfect.
As you know, I'm trying to keep time spent at the desk down a bit so will be trying to stick with three or so picks - this week it's actually five picks and this final one just rocked me on my heels!
We had no new Playmates this week, although with 63 entries the Playground was still busy of course. I heard more chinking of glasses so goodness knows what Sarn's celebrating now!
Time for the prize draw here now. We had the LOTV 'Heartfelt' paper pad, LOTV 'Bunnies' Art Pad and a set of Spellbinders Labels Eighteen dies as the prize(s) if you recall. And our winner is also, purely by coincidence, one of of my picks this week:
Now here's this coming week's prize(s) - a two-parter.
The Snippets Challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 19th March. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
A maximum of ONE entry (just to remind you!) and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. If you only want to play for either the House Mouse stamp or the really great die set then just say so in a comment - if your number comes up then I'll do a further draw for the remaining part(s) of the prize. But, both items are up as one complete prize if you so wish of course. Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
Di and, of course, Parsnip!