- 5" x 7" white card blank
- a snippet of SU's 'Wisteria Wonder' card stock, trimmed to slightly smaller than the card front and stuck in place
- a piece from a whole sheet of patterned paper made by LOTV, from their 'Heartfelt' paper pad - trimmed down to a bit smaller than the mauve backing and glued in place
- I wanted to revisit the 'die cutting with an overlap' technique so I selected the 'bunny with balloons' pre-coloured image from LOTV's 'Bunnies' Art Pad
- worked out the overlap needed so that the balloons float out of the die cut frame and then did the die cutting using a die from the Spellbinders Labels Eighteen set
- drew round the outer edge of the metal die onto a snippet of SU's 'Wisteria Wonder' card stock and then cut the frame by hand and stuck the image and frame together
- the sentiment was stamped using Brilliance 'Pearlescent Orchid' and a Pink Gem Designs stamp, trimmed down and popped onto a backing snippet of SU's 'Wisteria Wonder' card stock
- ha, I'd made a tiny boo-boo when cutting the overlap part for the balloons, so I added a little pink butterfly (cut using SU's 'Beautiful Wings' Embosslit) and topped it with a couple of small white pearls
I know that maybe balloons aren't traditionally Easter, but bunnies are - so that's my excuse! And pink is a change from the usual Easter yellow and green :)
Onto the weekly 'peek at the picks':
And we have one new Playmate this week:
Welcome to the Snippets Playground Moira - and do please come back and play with us soon!
Time for the prize draw here now. We had the Marianne Collectables 'Eline's Birds' die set plus the Creative Expressions 'Festive Collection - Happy Christmas' die as our prize if you recall.
And our winner is:
Here's this week's prize(s) - bit of a bumper and it's intended for the winner(s) to have in time to use for Easter - if they so choose of course:
I know, LOTV have now discontinued their papers and also the Art Pads (much to my sorrow) - but, as soon as I spotted a bit of a sale I rushed over there and bought a few of them - others will appear over the coming weeks. They could just become collectors' items :) The bunny images in this pad are suitable for Birthdays, Mother's Day, Anniversaries, Easter and Valentine's Day, so it's really versatile!
The Snippets Challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 12th March. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
A maximum of ONE entry (just to remind you!) and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. If you only want to play for either the die set, Art Pad or the paper pad then just say so in a comment - if your number comes up then I'll do a further draw for the remaining part(s) of the prize. But, all three items are up as one complete prize if you so wish of course. Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
Di and, of course, Parsnip!