Almost a year ago I bought this stamp set and it's a first outing for it:
- white DL card blank
- black card stock for the frame
- white card stock to stamp onto (in fact I generally cut a matching card blank up to get exactly the right shade of white - whoever knew there where so many shades of white huh?!). And of course I keep the other half with the rest of the same card blanks for another time
- a snippet of white card for the rose head to try out this 'ere technique. I used a rose stamp as well as also used 'Ruby Red' from my Twinkling H2O's. What you do is to spray the H2O paint and let the pot stand for a while until it goes creamy, as you would normally. Then, using a flat headed bristle brush carefully paint all over the stamp, much as you would if you inked it up. Then stamp onto the snippet of white card - I found I needed to press really firmly for a good image. Then, take a water brush (or you could use water and an ordinary paint brush) and just pull the colour in from the stamped outline, following the natural shading
- then I allowed the rose head to dry thoroughly before fussy cutting round it
- the barbed wire stem was stamped using Brilliance 'Starlite Black - looks more like a greyish silver to me, just the colour I wanted, and the wording was stamped using Brilliance 'Graphite Black'
- after the card was all trimmed and assembled I just popped the rose head on using Collall glue
And much to my
I know the technique probably isn't new to lots of you, and we do use other mediums such as Distress Inks in a similar way, but this really has made me look at those sad little neglected H2O's and several other stamps in a new light. Certainly worth a try if you also haven't tried it yet :) Just be prepared for the watered down H2O to be quite a lot paler than the outline of course, something to think of when picking colours to use.
Been busy here doing other things besides crafting so I'll be playing catch up on Playground commenting today, if I haven't already done so!