Sunday 26 November 2023

Sunday snippets and a Christmas card with a difference

I wanted a Christmas card to suit a couple of Christmas Challenges - and a stamp set from AALL & Create fitted the bill perfectly:

I used:

- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank, side opening

- snippets of plain lime green card - the larger one was used to create a narrow 'frame' for the patterned paper, which came from a Dovecraft 'Back to Basics Modern' set of Christmas papers  then both were glued onto the card front

- stamped the images onto snippets of plain white smooth card, using stamps from the AALL & Create 'HoliDEE' set of stamps using a VersaFine Clair 'Nocturne' ink pad

- coloured the images using Polychromos pencils

- die cut the main image panel using a die from the Lil'Inkers 'Stitched Rectangles' set of dies

fussy cut the Santa hat and also the sentiment 'cheers' before running a black Tombow marker around the edges of them both

- trimmed another snippet of the lime green card to just slightly larger than the image pane before gluing them both onto the card front

- used a medium nib glue pen to adhere the hat and the sentiment onto the image panel

- finally, a leftover strip of the patterned paper was begging to be used so I glued it across the flap of the envelope and trimmed each side

I really enjoyed playing around with this stamp set, although there's a lot of small detail on the tree - 'Hic!'. 

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Christmas Kickstart Challenge #80 where the theme is 'It's Christmas, Jim, but not as we know it' - so a bit of a quirky take on Christmas should be fine


Darnell's NBUS #56 - the stamp set is NBUS

Dudley Pupdate: A bit of a 'wild week' here with the boy! On Monday we jointly bathed him and to be fair, the water was actually pretty clean after all. Then came the wrestling match with him plonked onto my bath sheet clad lap and we patted the worst of the water away between us whilst he lay and peeped out of one end of the burrito wrap. Next came the blow drying session, which Len is stronger to manage. He also had some trimming the next day and then I re-brushed him and applied his anti-flea meds the following day - looking back it was probably too many sessions one after another. However, at every opportunity the little monkey took his chance to really glare, right until you looked at him - at which point he would very pointedly turn his back and lay down - leaving you staring at his tail! Typing this on Thursday and he's been left well alone for today - the air doesn't seems to be vibrating with doggie indignation as much! Although he's curled up well away from me at the moment! Guest bedroom I suspect as he can hide around the far side of the bed! 

A friend has just returned home to San Francisco after being away for a couple of weeks on a business trip to Norway (lucky lady) - and the photos of her Havanese when she returned are hilarious, he's almost bristling with anger at having been left for so long with his 'Dad'. Obviously something in Havi's genes! 

Finally, and very importantly, there's a new Challenge over at The Snippets Playground HERE - do come and play! Sarn and I put a lot of time and effort into running the Playground and it's lovely when you come to join in!

Love from both of us,

Di and 'Dudley de Avenger'!



27 comments:

  1. OOoooh, poor Dudley - just tell him he is now as handsome as he can be, and all ready for Christmas, and if he is a good boy, there may be a few (extra) treats ;).
    Love your quirky card Di - such a fun pairing of the images
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quirky card Di, she looks good with that paper, so coordinated and cool in her Santa hat! I’m sure Dudley will forgive you….eventually! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You card is fab - that's such a cool set of stamps

    Happy Snippet Day and thanks (as always) for sharing your "tales of Dudders"!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a quirky card - just right for the challenges I'd say, especially the offbeat one. I do hope Dudley has forgiven you both for the various 'indignities' you've inflicted this week. Hopping off to the playground now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderfully quirky Christmas card, coloured and framed beautifully.

    Hope Dudley has come out of his funk now and is a happy chappy again!!!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fab fun card Di. I bought a couple of these Dee stamps in the sale which are yet to be used. Poor Dudley going through all that. I bet it was a relief for him when it was all over x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great fun card Di although I have to admit I’m not a fan of the stamps. Poor Dudley!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Di as always you pull them out of the bag adorable image and tree and great backing papers too, ooh poor Dudley sending him lots of hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Di,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    This card is very wonderful, and that stamped image is quite funny too.
    Love the earings and her outfit.
    It reminds me of when I was younger very younger in fact I went to a Christmas dance with pink Christmas baubles for my earings .
    Brought back happy memories.
    Poor Dudley I bet he took a long time to come out from under that bed after his bath.
    Have you seen the dogs having their baths and such on Instagram it's so funny they sit there and enjoy every bit.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun image and a great card you created with it. I just love that little tree with all the bittle lottles and "hic" is the perfect way to describe it LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the card Di, such a fun image and the tree with bottles and the great sentiment made me laugh, and a pretty pp with the dots too. You have certainly given Dudley a lot of TLC this last week, and not totally appreciated by him ..lol, but knowing him, he won't hold it against you for too long. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha ha ha! Quirky works brilliantly at Christmas Kickstart this month. What a great card, Di, I love it! Thanks for joining the fun, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great work with the quirky lady, she looks so well with the Santa hat that you fussy cut just perfectly!! And such fun tree with the bottles! :D Love the dotted paper you used to frame the image!
    Poor Dudley, the logic of "repetita juvant" ("It's worth repeating" in latin) isn't for sure in his mind about those things!! I think he will be suspicious still for one day or two, then he will forget... since the next bath day!! : D
    I send him a lot of cuddles!
    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely fun card and you've shown great patience with your colouring too.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great fun card for the challenge Di, love these quirky stamps.
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great card Di, love that stamped scene and what a brilliant way to fress the tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun card, Di. I love the quirky image and the decorated tree is brilliant.
    Thanks for the Dudley update. I had to re-read one of the sentences, I thought you had written that Dudley "peed out of one end of the burrito wrap." 🤣 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may well have entered his mind Liz! x

      Delete
  18. Such a fun card Di - Miss Dee looking "lovely" as always and she's done a fabulous job of decorating of the tree! Dudley can't stay mad at you for too long - he knows how good he has it! We had our first snow fall today so it's really beginning to look a lot like Christmas here! Stay safe and warm! Hugs Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I bet it looks magical, when you're wrapped up all warm and toasty! Hugs right back, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your stamp made me smile. A fun card. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate! You must be psychic - I just spotted your blog post from Friday and was about to see if I have your email address. I hope you're getting over the shcok and are beginning to heal.

      Love and hugs

      Di x

      Delete
  21. Hi Di
    I am chasing my tail too and am well behind on my commenting!
    Your card is great .. .. the character definitely looks "full of Christmas cheer" .. .. or should I say Christmas sherry! Hic!!
    Hope you feel like you are starting to win.
    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'll have to up my game with my Christmas tree Di, I quite fancy one like that hahaha. Poor Dudley, I hope he forgives you soon! And sorry I haven't been in the playground much, I'm hoping to improve in the new year xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a funny post! First the card, which is a kick! And then the Dudley story--oh my! None of our dogs have held grudges, luckily. Fritz hates being left, even for a few minutes. But he's always thrilled when we come home or pick him up--instantly forgiven!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That card has cracked me up Di! A great image, beautifully coloured. Poor Dudley, how very dare you give him a bath, AND a trim and flea meds AS WELL! I'm not surprised you're getting the cold shoulder! He will recover after pouring out his grievances to Honka Duck no doubt!! Thank you so much to you and Sarn for making this challenge such a jolly and friendly place to play - not to mention the extraordinary prizes offered here. Hugs, Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. OH! This did make me chuckle. A Great fun card Di. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.