Wednesday 1 November 2023

'Because' by Lil 'Inkers .......

...... this is one of my favourite sentiment dies as it says so much in just one word. I needed a card for someone special so this is what I came up with:

I used:

- 4" x 4" white linen look card blank, side opening

- washi tape from AALL & Create called 'Summertime' - I adhered two strips to a snippet of white card ** and kept it to one side

- then die cut the word 'because' twice, using snippets of green Altenew 'Forest Glades' card stock - sadly I only bought one pack of this card and it's no longer to be found in the UK - such a lovely green as well. The die is discontinued of course since Lil' Inkers closed down a while ago, such a shame as their products were brilliant

- glued both sentiments one on top of the other and then I could work out what to do with the washi tape strip I'd made 

- in the end I settled for backing the washi strip with a snippet of the same Forest Glades card as used for the sentiment and gluing it onto the lower part of the card before then trimming off the side edges 

- glued the sentiment in place, above the washi tape

- added some self-adhesive 'Winter Berries Glossies' by Sweet Huni Designs

- to finish off, I added a single strip of the same washi tape to the envelope

** I do love the latest washi tapes over at AALL & Create. This particular tape does pretty much match when you add another 'off lined' layer on top, so that you can make at least a double height band using it, but not all of them do. Although, there is always some waste if you try the' matching' part so be aware of that !Ask me how I know, sigh.

I'd like to enter this little card into Darnell's current NBUS Challenge # 56 HERE - both the washi tape and the 'Winter Berries Glossies' were having a first outing. 

That's it from me for today - typing this on Halloween Eve, not even 8pm and the heavens have opened - thereby curbing all callers for the rest of the evening! And reeeeeelaaaaaax! 




11 comments:

  1. Wow, how washi tape has advanced! Lovely card Di, so pretty with the gorgeous berries xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. Washi tape has never appealed to me and in fact I've never used any but I can see from this that it seems to have evolved into something much better than I'd realised. Great sentiment too - says a lot in just one word

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card and matching envelope this is. I never would have guessed it was washi tape! I too miss Lil Inker's - they are among my favorite dies that I own to this day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW that Washi tape is pretty! Everything works together so well on this gorgeous little card.

    You can use your "waste" bits of Washi tape to hold stencils in place when brushing ink through them, or stick it to more card and use little punches on it, or add to outside of envelopes - the world is your lobster!

    So glad your rain dance worked to give you a peaceful evening! Chuck us one of your leftover eyeballs please! Bwa ha ha hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Di the wishi tape is gorgeous and makes one beautiful card x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooohhh.. such sweet, elegant card and matching envelope! Love so much the washi you used and it's great you could double it in high. For the little waste you could put them on a scrap of paper and cut with a punch/a tiny die to make some matching accents/embellishments as Sarn suggested.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful card Di - that die was a great investment! Pity it is not still available!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. This washi tape is so pretty Di and works beautifully with the green card and red glossies finish it perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that Washi is out-of-this world gorgeous and I love how you have used it, Di! Even without that fantastic sediment, it would be a stunning card!! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Catching up DI, This is gorgeous, a beautiful washi with the large sentiment and envelope.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.