Let's crack straight on with my snippets card:
- 4" x 4" square white card blank, side opening
- a snippet of the deep blue pearlescent card I've been using quite a bit recently onto which I embossed the background using a Creative Expressions 'Snow Flurry' stamp and that clumpy WOW 'White Detail' embossing powder.
- set the background panel to one side and then stamped the little snow family using a Wild Rose Studio 'Snowmen' stamp and Memento 'Tuxedo Black ink
- coloured the image using Faber-Castell 'Polychromos' pencils and then very carefully fussy cut it out by hand - I adore this stamp, quite similar to a Penny Black one I have admittedly but it's so cute!
- stamped the sentiment using a stamp from the Crafters Companion Gemini 'Festive phrases' stamp set (some lovely ones in this set and a beautifully flowing font as well) - using the Misti as always and Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink
- die cut the sentiment using a die from The Works 'Stitched Circles' set of dies - and they seem to have stopped selling those. As I've said, with The Works I think they move on very quickly with their ranges
- then trimmed the background 'snow flurry' panel to 3.75" square and glued it onto the card front as by now I knew how much space I needed
- glued the little family of snow people in place and also the sentiment circle
This fortnight's prize, as usual, is very much connected to this week's snippets card and it's a bit of a bumper prize to celebrate seven/eight years - ha, plus I just couldn't fit it into the recently closed Grand Draw! Once again though, I really don't want to split this prize so the same applies - if you win and don't want eveything then feel free to gift it to a friend, at your end of course. And yippee - the Playground Toy Box is now devoid of all things Christmas themed! Did I hear a muttering of 'thank goodness for that!?!
As always, the Snippets Challenge will run for two weeks and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 19th January. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
It's a maximum of ONE entry and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Remember, if you link into the Playground and don't say clearly that you're wanting to be in the draw in a comment on here, then you will be bypassed if your name comes out of Mr Linky. I'm sure you all know I ask for a positive 'yes' on the blog post itself - just in case you're playing only for fun - otherwise I ignore you on my little list. Happily, some playmates who thought they couldn't comment have found out how to do it for the Grand Draw so the same will apply of course - I will only check comments on here for 'yes for the prize'.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)