Friday, 23 September 2016
Merry Monday #214 - 'Keep Warm'
It's a lovely theme over at Merry Monday again this week - 'Keep Warm'. I knew almost right away which stamp I wanted to use for my card - it was then just a matter of planning the card itself - and this was the end result:
- 4.25" x 5.5" white card blank - tent style
- a snippet of holly patterned card from LOTV's 'Classic Christmas' paper pad to cover the card front leaving a narrow white border all round
- then stamped the image using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' and Penny Black's really cute 'Snowy' stamp
- coloured the image using Pro markers and also clear Wink of Stella on the furry hat trim
- at that point I'd intended to just die cut the whole image using a stitched rectangle die but then my mind wandered off in another direction and I first of all die cut a white 'Polaroid frame' using the Lil' Inkers 'Instant Camera' die
- next I took the scissors to the full sized snowman I'd stamped and coloured and chopped him down so that he looks out of the photo frame - carefully cut his scarf so that it hangs outside the frame too. Then glued the image into the frame
- stamped '# SELFIE TIME' using the Misti, Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a newish set of stamps that I spotted over on one of your blogs. It's called 'Good to be Bad' by Clearly Besotted - that # stamp is so tiny, bet I lose it before too long!
- I wanted a sentiment to allude to the 'warmth' aspect of Snowy's hat and scarf and used Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink again, plus a stamp from a really old Whimsy Stamps set called 'Winter Notables 1 Sentiments', to stamp a sentiment which I then punched using SU's 'Modern Label' punch
- glued the image panel and sentiment in place using Collall All Purpose glue
- final touch, added a couple of dark green Josy Rose hot fix nail heads to the sentiment piece
Another one for the box! And I'm down to just one small scrap of that green LOTV holly patterned paper now, sigh :(