As is the way of things, I needed more cards (six for now) to enclose with Snippets Playground prizes.
In the 'wee small hours', when sleep eluded me, my mind drifted to cards and I just couldn't get this design out of my mind. Perhaps I spotted it elsewhere - but it stuck so hard and fast I had to make a card following the general idea - and this was the result:
- A6 white card blank
- background 'Hello etc.' stamped using Memento 'London Fog' ink and a stamp from the Hero Arts 'Dictionary Greeting' set - all the stamping was done using the Misti as I had six to make remember?!
- next it was time to stamp the flower using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and Altenew's 'Meadow Flower' stamp (so dinky and useful!)
- then used SU's 'Work of Art' set, the smeared/swoosh stamp and Memento ink 'Rhubarb Stalk' (the other cards differ slightly in colour of course - I needed variation to keep me sane!)
- coloured the flower petals and leaves to 'match as closely as possible' using Whispers markers. I love those markers as they don't bleed through the card - they aren't easy to find now and are almost a cross between alcohol ink markers and true water colour markers. With care you can use them with Memento inks :) Goodness knows what I'll do when they dry out - it's been about 12 years since I bought them so they owe me absolutely nuffin'
- stamped the word 'Hello' using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and part of a stamp from the Hero Arts 'Truly Appreciated' sentiments set (yup, I do cut up stamps where necessary - and for someone like me it does hurt, but needs must sometimes!)
- finally, used Signo 'Sparking Gold' pen to just add some 'oomph' to the centre of the flower
What a laugh really. I trotted into our local Hospice Charity shop a couple of weeks ago and bought (for a whole 50 pence!) a copy of the Oxford Dictionary - with this card in mind. I'd totally forgotten that I had the Hero Arts set of four stamps sat sitting, unused, in a box here!
Watch this space, I could end up chopping at the dictionary and heading for mixed media! Yesssss, I just saw Santa fly over for a practice run as well :)