Our neighbours' lovely daughter Abigail has just celebrated her 18th Birthday, which called for a bit of a special card. In the past I've made some quite ornate and flowery cards for her - so this time, at the suggestion of my 'in-house critic', her card is less flowery and echoes the fact that Abi is currently doing a Catering and Hospitality training course:
- 6" x 6" square white card blank
- SU 'Smoky Slate' card stock for a backing layer, topped with patterned paper from Papermania's Capsule Collection 'Blueberry Pie'
- the image and sentiment stamps are from Kanban's 'Damask Divas - Let's Do Lunch' set, stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and coloured with Pro Markers plus a tickle of silver gel pen for her earring - I chose white rather than red for the wine, Abi does like a little glass of Prosecco :) Oh, and I paper pieced the dress using a little spotted snippet from the same patterned paper pad - almost forgot to say that bit!
- the image just didn't fit properly into any of my dies so in the end I just trimmed it to fit the patterned layer, and backed it with some SU 'Smoky Slate' card and kidded myself that it kept the card nice and crisp looking :)
- the die cut 'Happy Birthday' was done using a Memory Box die called 'Grand Happy Birthday' and a piece of white card stock, the '18th' was die cut from white card using a Memory Box 'Classic Numbers' die and Tattered Lace 'Alphabet' dies
- final touch, at Len's suggestion, I die cut Abi's name from a snippet of the left over patterned paper, again using the Tattered Lace 'Alphabet' dies
We went to a charity fund raising evening at the college restaurant a few weeks ago, where the students ran the whole show - amazing cooking, fabulous food and great service too! Some very proud parents, grand parents, families and friends were there to support the event of course :)