Tuesday 21 July 2015

Cuttlebug Mania Challenge - Sweet Goodbyes

Over at the Cuttlebug Mania Challenge we're just about to take a little Summer break until September. The theme for our last challenge before the break is 'Sweet Goodbyes', so of course we'd like you to make a goodbye card.

Our sponsor for this challenge is Crafty Charlie, one of my favourite places to shop on line.

Here's my offering:
I used:

- A6 white card blank, tent style

- a snippet of SU's 'Not Quite Navy' card stock for the background, embossed using a Darice folder called 'Clouds' and trimmed down to size

- the skyline was fun to make! I used a couple of NBUS dies that I've had for some time, made by Memory Box they're called 'Cityscape Silhouette' and 'Cityscape Nightline'. I die cut the solid cityscape (Silhouette) using a snippet of SU's 'Hello Honey' card and topped it with the cityscape Nightline, which was die cut from a snippet of black card

- the balloon was die cut using a little hot air balloon die from Little B's 'Baby' die set and snippets of SU's 'Real Red' and 'Hello Honey' card

- the sentiment was stamped using SU's 'Real Red' ink pad and a sentiment from Kaisercraft's 'Bon Voyage' Mini Clear Stamp Set, then punched out using SU's 'Word Window' punch before being backed with a snippet of SU's 'Hello Honey' card which was punched out u out using SU's 'Modern Label' punch

I've mentioned this before, the only reason I know exactly which snippets are which SU colours is 'cos I have a swatch - here it is:
As soon as I get any new SU card stock colours I cut a little square from each colour (2" x 2"), add a label to the back with the collection and colour name on, punch a hole in one corner and add it to the swatch. It's useful when writing up blog posts, but invaluable when I need to order more favourite colours!

I do hope you'll come and play over at Cuttlebug Mania before we have our little Summer break!

Remember, you do need to use a manual die cutting/embossing machine, but it needn't just be a Cuttlebug. Also, we like to know which products you used for die cutting and/or embossing please.


Di
x

18 comments:

  1. Cute card Di, love the cloudy background, and glowing windows. Great tip with the swatch, especially now SU no longer do the colour coach, which is one of my 'best friends', I never thought of adding my own doh! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card Di and I love your skyline and the cloud embossing.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Di, your card is great !
    Enjoy the holidays !
    Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look of this cityscape card Di.
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it's so beautiful! Love the silhouette skyline with all these lights and the embossed background with clouds!! They are so appropriate to match the hot-air balloon!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card. I really like those skyline dies and the hot air balloon too. I'm impressed with your organisation. I really must try better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your nighttime scene Di with the prettily lit up windows and the dark cloudy sky and cute balloon. A great goodbye card. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's really a fun card with the little town at night beneath the hot air balloon, but I'm impressed with your organization skills in keeping track of your colors! Great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun nighttime scene you have created Di! I love the city glowing at night time, your hot air balloon is fabulous and the cloud embossing folder is perfect for this card! I love how you keep your SU paper organized, a great idea for any paper line! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card with the night skyline., and what a great idea for the card swatch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great scene you have created Di and love the night skyline, brilliant card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's lovely! Love the die cut buildings and the fluffy clouds - great card! Will have to add the die and folder to my wish list Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty & so fitting for a little summer break. This skyline die is one I put in my cart, then it gets so filled up, I start eliminating items, so have not gotten this one yet. It's terrific with the cloudy nite sky, and love the lights shining through the building windows. The hot air balloon was inspired embellishment for this particular card too. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oops - forgot to say: Clever you to make up your swatch batch as you have done! Now we know why you lead our Snippets Playground!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your card! The hot air balloon going up, up, and away from the city. Too nifty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous scene, perfect for the sentiment. I love the cityscape die. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.