Over at the Cuttlebug Mania Challenge we're just about to take a little Summer break until September. The theme for our last challenge before the break is 'Sweet Goodbyes', so of course we'd like you to make a goodbye card.
Our sponsor for this challenge is Crafty Charlie, one of my favourite places to shop on line.
Here's my offering:
- A6 white card blank, tent style
- a snippet of SU's 'Not Quite Navy' card stock for the background, embossed using a Darice folder called 'Clouds' and trimmed down to size
- the skyline was fun to make! I used a couple of NBUS dies that I've had for some time, made by Memory Box they're called 'Cityscape Silhouette' and 'Cityscape Nightline'. I die cut the solid cityscape (Silhouette) using a snippet of SU's 'Hello Honey' card and topped it with the cityscape Nightline, which was die cut from a snippet of black card
- the balloon was die cut using a little hot air balloon die from Little B's 'Baby' die set and snippets of SU's 'Real Red' and 'Hello Honey' card
- the sentiment was stamped using SU's 'Real Red' ink pad and a sentiment from Kaisercraft's 'Bon Voyage' Mini Clear Stamp Set, then punched out using SU's 'Word Window' punch before being backed with a snippet of SU's 'Hello Honey' card which was punched out u out using SU's 'Modern Label' punch
I've mentioned this before, the only reason I know exactly which snippets are which SU colours is 'cos I have a swatch - here it is:
I do hope you'll come and play over at Cuttlebug Mania before we have our little Summer break!
Remember, you do need to use a manual die cutting/embossing machine, but it needn't just be a Cuttlebug. Also, we like to know which products you used for die cutting and/or embossing please.