I've had such a cute 'stamps and matching dies' set for a good few weeks now, sat sitting on my desk as a NBUS, not stored away for fear of forgetting I have it!
The other day, I decided to break open the packet - and this is what I made:
- 6" x 6" square white card blank, tent style
- SU's 'Certainly Celery' card stock for the main backing plus the scalloped backing ovals (which were cut using Spellbinders dies)
- patterned paper backing from an old Quick Cards Made Easy free paper stack called 'Let's fly away'
- Taylored Expressions 'Love Bugs' set of six stamps and two dies. First of all I stamped the jar, the lid, tag and 'cover' and also the little bugs using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and did some colouring using Pro markers plus a tickle of clear 'Wink of Stella' on the little bugs' wings
- next I die cut the jar and set it aside
- then I stamped the lid 'cover' onto a little snippet of paper from the same 'Let's fly away' paper stack and fussy cut it before sticking it onto the 'lid, tag and cover' stamped image
- I stamped the 'lid, tag and cover' again onto white card and carefully snipped round the tag before adding it to the image (and adding a little bit of turquoise to the 'hole' in the tag). This helped to bring back the dimension showing the tag as being on top of the patterned jar 'cover' (OCD yet again!)
- then I die cut the whole lid, tag and cover with the single die provided - phew, and it worked!
- added the word 'hey' using a stamp from the Stampendous ''Happy Messages' set and Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink - plus a single kiss using a black fine liner :)
- positioned the 'lid, tag and cover' die cut on top of the jar die cut and stuck 'em together before adhering them to plain white card stock, which I then die cut using a Spellbinders Oval die
- the sentiment is from the same set, stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and die cut with a Spellbinders Oval die
- popped the ovals onto the SU 'Certainly Celery' scalloped ovals and just stuck everything in place
A really fun set to use, once I worked out the logistics of the paper piecing and also how to improve the tag dimension - which wouldn't be necessary if I'd not paper pieced of course :)