Friday 1 May 2015

A Christmas card in 20 minutes or less

I'm one of the world's slowest crafters so my entry for this week challenge over at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge (20 minutes or less) almost didn't happen.

I had no pre-stamped and coloured images, couldn't make my mind up when I looked at all the LOTV pre-coloured Christmas toppers I have and was in the process of just putting things away when I spied a sheet of Christmas Penny Black Stickeroos. Set the clock ticking and off I went - with this very simplistic looking card as a result:
I used:

- a piece of card stock with a very light background of snowflakes, trimmed, scored and folded to DL size

- three Penny Black Stickeroos from the 'Christmas Sparkle' sheet. Tip, I mounted each one onto spare card stock before trimming to size - and also re-rounding the corners of the main image with a corner punch

- stuck all the toppers in place using thin sticky pads

- added three sparkling diamante snowflakes as a finishing touch

Stopped the clock at 19 minutes. Told you I was slow :(

Ha! If I'd added in how long it took me to decide what to do and get everything out ready then you could probably add another 30 minutes that that time!

And this is another card to add to Craftyhazelnuts Christmas Challenge Extra, where it's always 'Anything goes'

Di
x

13 comments:

  1. Those are some mighty purty stickeroos! I love the purple/blue combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Di,
    love your quick Christmas card
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those threes are soooo purty!
    I think the quickest card I've managed to make in the past couple of years has taken me about an hour... Methinks I need to trim that down just a touch, lol. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant idea to use the Stickeroos to do a time challenge with.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and what a great idea to use the stickeroos......shuffling off thinking where she has put hers that a friend sent her a while ago....
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the feathered colours and the "ghost" trees! Fabulous idea to use stickeroos and love the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice...Need to remember to use mine!

    I am always worried that I will mark the surface of the stickeroos...so I keep them in a filing cabinet where I store my 81/2 x 11 card base paper, and any specialty papers I own.

    Seems with this method I always forget about them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Teehee I'm usually so slow too! I made a card for this challenge a few days ago! 20 mins is hard isn't it!! I managed to even layer mine up slightly in a mad rush haha!!
    Your card is really pretty and just perfect for Xmas! I loooove them snowflake gems!! Where's did u get them? Yummy! Lol
    Hope you're well!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the elements of your 'quick' card. I love those little snowflake gems. I don't think I could manage to make a card in 20 minutes and have it turn out this well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. When in a pickle turn to PB stickeroo's but I am also a pretty slow crafter and even using these it is a nightmare.
    Great card though, well done on 19 mins

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very pretty Di and I love the stickeroos and the beautiful colour blue which goes beautifully with that snowflake patterned background card. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi
    Beautiful....Lovely design and colours.xxx
    Thanks for joinig us at CHCC2
    greetings Lisbeth
    DT-CHCC

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.