A fun challenge over at Less is More this week, it's 'Hello Sunshine'. Right now, as I type and schedule this post, it's piddling down with rain and it would be just wonderful to get a glimpse of the sunshine!
After a few false starts, this is what I made as my entry:
- A6 card blank, made using 'Desert Storm' Neenah card
- the image was stamped using VersaFine 'Vintage Sepia' ink and a pre-loved stamp by Judi Kins called 'Architectural Studies'. I have no idea if this is meant to be an English seaside pier but it does remind me of them
- I then added a die cut sun, made using a snippet of yellow card stock and the sun die from the Joy! 'Sun and Moon' die set
-then die cut the part of the image and sun that I wanted using a Spellbinders circular die
- stamped the sentiment across the bottom of the card using VersaFine 'Vintage Sepia' ink and a stamp from Lawn Fawn's 'Hello Sunshine' set. The jury is still out about this sentiment, it's a bit too much like my own handwriting at 10 years old for me, sigh :(
- then it was time to add the circular image - and it was clearly not going to work just slapped in the centre of the card so (after a few options were considered) I went for slicing one edge straight and adding the image to the right hand edge of the card
My 'in-house critic' doesn't like the drabness of the Neenah card and thinks white would have been better. Maybe we're both wrong and cream would have been good?