Friday 10 October 2014

The Apprentice

This month's challenge over at 'Penny Black Saturday Challenge - October' is 'Halloween or Halloween Colours'. I went for a bit of both - using one of my two main Halloween stamps (both are Penny Black needless to say):
I used:

- 6" x 6" white card blank

- a slightly smaller piece of white card with the edges coloured using the same violet Whispers pen as I used on the dress and stockings - which came out more blue in the photo, sigh :(

- lime green card stock for another layer, it was still lying on the desk after Wednesday's 'neon parcels' Christmas card making session

- the patterned black and white paper is from Dovecraft's Back to Basics 'Monochrome Colour Study' paper pack - it reminded me a bit of a really OCD spider's web

- image is of course Penny Black, called 'Apprentice', stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' and coloured mostly with Whispers Pens plus a Pro Marker 'Lime' pen
and then die cut using a 'Stitched Rectangle' die by Lil'inkers

- the 'wonky' orange rectangle was die cut using a 'Stitched Rectangle' die by Lil'inkers

- the 'ticket' sentiment is by Pink Gem Designs, stamped onto a snippet of green card stock using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink pad and hand cut

- final touch, three white Josy Rose nail heads in the bottom left hand corner

The thing is, we don't really make such a big thing about Halloween over here in the UK so I'll have to think about who to send this card too :) And, I'm wondering who the 'apprentice' is - the puddy tat perhaps?

Di
x

21 comments:

  1. Great Halloween card - as you say we don't really 'do' much in the way of sending cards for it over here. There is one in my box of cards which has been there for about four years - made it for a blog challenge and it has been sitting there ever since!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here Di, so I won't be making any cards for Halloween

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Halloween card Di love your cute witch

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I like the happy little kitty! Great ticket sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A cute card Di, and I love the cat. I don't do Halloween either but I do like looking at the cards people make for it including this little beauty. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab Halloween card Di! Perfect colours love the little pumpkin!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute Halloween card Di! I love the colors you used on this one, so Halloweeny. lol That image is to cute and not scary. Love the ticket sentiment too, we do love pumpkin pie around here. I think the kitty is the apprentice too! lol Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Di,
    I love this card, and your stamped image.
    Great designing as always, and those stitched die cuts are really fab.
    Me can see a purchase coming on.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Diane, that witch is soooo cool!
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful l love the image Di and design of your card x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Di, smashing card. Great design and your stamps and chosen colours are perfect. Like you say, we don't really go in for Halloween much here ... the supermarkets do though :) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmm, not a halloween fan myself, like you say not an English thing.
    Really lovely card though and a lovely image and yes my first thoughts about the background paper was that it was close to a spiders web, great minds think alike.
    Love your colours and layout.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that image, what a great card for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that PB halloween image cuz it's not scary! Great card. I don't ha e any Halloween stuff. . . so won't be making anything for the occasion x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your happy witch. Even the spider looks fun. Cute little pumpkin pit ticket and the black and white made me think spider web too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous Miss. Can I be your Apprentice then? I am always ready for mischief!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now this is my kind of Halloween card--love it, Di! So glad you joined us at PBSC!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous Halloween card.
    Thank you for joining us at Penny Black Saturday Challenge this month.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous card!
    Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    PS - Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.