Wednesday 8 October 2014

Merry and Bright for Merry Monday Christmas Challenge

Crumbs, I almost had the vapours when I saw what the challenge this week is over at Merry Monday - it's 'Neon Colours'. Convinced I didn't possess any neon colours at all in paints, inks, card etc. it looked as if this week would be a miss for me.

Then, I did some idle flicking through a drawer of mixed card stock and found neon pink, purple, green and orange card - glaring defiantly just waiting to be used :)

So this was the result:

I used:

- white DL card blank

- squares of neon card stock, die cut with a Spellbinders square Nesties die

- the bows were easy peasy 'cos I used some of the 'Stick-It' adhesive sheet that I was raving about in yesterday's post for intricate die cuts, along with bows from the Memory Box 'Crisp Bows' set - using plural here as made two cards almost the same apart from the bows on the other card using the much more 'loopy' bow

- the sentiment stamp is a pre-loved Hero Arts one called 'Merry and Bright' (quite apt for this card huh?) - stamped using Memento 'Teal Zeal'

- when actually making the card up I stamped the sentiment first, using SU's Stamp-a-ma-jig and then (using lines on the glass cutting mat) added a strip of Scotch Removable Tape right across the card at the point where the bases of the little parcels were to sit. Just a bit of measuring and some pencil marks on the tape gave me the guide for where to line up the 'ribbon' strips on the parcels - plus the tape meant I could butt up against it to make sure the parcels were all in a perfect line :)

My photos  will be even more 'on the wonk' for a little while 'cos I temporarily lost my favourite place to prop up cards and take photos when we dismantled the bedroom - sigh :(

Di
x

29 comments:

  1. Such a cheerful chrissy card Di, love your mix of bright colours and the little gifts look great on the long card, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun and cute. I'm going to have to check out that 'stick-it' stuff too! Love the neons.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the neon colours challenge Di - lovely pressies!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Surprising just what we squirrel away in boxes and drawers!! This card is certainly merry and bright - very cheerful for a dull morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply LOVE this CAS Christmas card Di. Adore the neon brightness and thanks for sharing how you aligned everything.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Di,
    this creation is fab, and I love the fab neon coloured pressies.
    I don't know if your like me, but I have card dotted in drawers nearly everywhere in the bungalow.
    The only place that has escaped is the kitchen,and bathroom for obvious reasons.
    So it's no wonder we think we haven't any of that particular colour.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy you searched for and found some neon papers. Your card is fab!!! Those pressies look awesome in neon. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute -- great idea for a snippets card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card Di, and the parcels look good enough to open. Thanks for sharing the lining up and measuring tips and it must work because they look just perfect. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card - a very clever way of getting neon onto a Christmas card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to have to get some of that Stick-It, I think this is the third blog I've seen its praises sung on in a week! Anyway, I've popped over to reply to your comment on my blog. I don't know whereabouts in Hampshire you are, but I'm in Fleet in North West Hampshire - if you don't know it for anything else, you probably know of Fleet Services on the M3!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun and festive CAS card Di! I love those cute packages and of course your sentiment is awesome too. Your neon card stock worked brilliantly for this challenge! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that's a really pretty card Di and l like the neon colours you used x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fabulous fun card Di, I love it.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty! I love that wonderful row of gorgeous packages!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The little presents are adorable. Love the colors you used! Thanks for playing Merry Monday with us!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so glad you found the papers for these pretty packages and bows! Love the long, skinny card too! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun card with all those little pressies! I love the bows too! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great lickle card there Miss. This is going to be easy to spot on the mantlepiece!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Youv'e nailed it square on the head Miss. Couldn't think of nuffin for this challenge. Those colours are just per flick. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a cute and fun idea! Love the presents and the font of the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Perfect card! Love the cute little packages in the neon colors! So perfect! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another terrific card, Di. That little square die is really paying for itself and I love the bows. I wouldn't expect to find neon papers in my stash either :) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this card! The colours are fabulous and the sentiment perfect for it Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful take on the challenge Di, these are great colours. Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday

    ReplyDelete
  26. You did a great job with the challenge, fun card!I could not come up with a thing neon!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this 'neon' challenge, Di and your card is a real stunner.
    You found the perfect sentiment for it.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Winner, winner! I totally LOVE this card, Di!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.