I had to make a very last minute card for one of Len's great nephews - and boy/male cards are never easy for me so I turned to Pinterest and found some great ideas there for Lego cards. I well and truly CASE'd a card made by Tina, who is a SU Demonstrator over in Oz - thanks Tina! This was the result:
- A6 black card blank
- a layer of slightly smaller white card stock
- a layer of smaller again black card stock for the board - I ran it through the Cuttlebug using Cuttlebug's 'Swiss Dots' folder
- snippets of red, blue, yellow and green card - punched using SU's 1" square punch and SU's Itty Bitty round punch. Yay Irene, you were right - there are uses for that 1" square punch :)
- I didn't double layer the 'dots' as Tina did (lack of time as I said) but did add the white Signo pen curves to give the impression of dimension
- the 'happy birthday' sentiment was stamped using a stamp from the 'Happy Messages' set by Stampendous, and a Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink pad
Phew, despite a Birthday Book right behind my desk on an eye level shelf, it only works if you remember to check it!
Still really busy here - who would have thunk it would take so much just to prepare for a shower room and bedroom to be revamped. It's like a military operation for goodness sakes!