The current challenge over at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge 190 is 'A few of my favourite things'. With time being at such a premium here, I opted not to go for stamping and colouring images or die cutting - which would usually be high on the list! I also avoided glitter and sparkly stuff but did incorporate the following favourite things into my card: a square card blank, Penny Black Stickeroos, Lily of the Valley papers, spotty ribbon tied with a bow, metallic cord and a charm. Not bad, six things I love to use:
- 6" x 6" square white card blank
- Penny Black Stickeroos from the 'Snowy Christmas' sheet
- plain green and plum snippets of paper from LOTV's 'Woodland Wishes' paper pad. As always, I stuck the snowman image and the greeting onto the paper backing/frames before trimming down to size - you can just bet it'll be 'wonky' if you try to stick directly onto anything. Doesn't matter so much with shaped Stickeroos but too risky where it's important not to have edges/lines askew
- then I added a few peel off stars from the same Stickeroo sheet
- the ribbon came from my ribbon box, topped with a bow and then a metallic green cord bow with a snowflake charm
Thankfully this card came together in about 30 minutes from start to finish - I hate missing Hazel's Christmas Card challenge, and I did miss last week :( This is also for Hazel's monthly Christmas Card Challenge Extra - where it's always 'anything goes'.
Friday and the weekend beckons, I'm out on Saturday afternoon but hope to finish the Playground write-up for Sunday before I go - fingers crossed!