Sunday 29 June 2014

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 131

It's been a busy week with one thing and another - so my card is covering Sarn's Rudolph Day as well as Merry Monday #114 (sparkle, shimmer or shine) - and of course it's my own snippets make for the week:
And just to prove for Sarn that I made two cards:
It's a shame you can't really see the sparkle and shimmer though :( 

I used:

- A6 cream card blank

- snippets of cream card for the embossing and also the stamped image, plus snippets of red satin mirri card

- first the image was stamped onto a snippet of cream card using VersaMark and Penny Black's 'Tree treasure' stamp. Then it was embossed using WOW 'Gold Sparkle' EP before being cut with a Spellbinders oval die

- the oval was then popped onto a red satin mirri card backing, die cut with a Spellbinders 'Beaded Oval' die. I love satin mirri card, it adds a softer shine than the really reflective stuff (although I've got loads of that to use up of course!)

- once the 'topper' was made, a piece of cream card stock was embossed using Crafts-Too's 'Snowflake Banner' EF and trimmed to just within the width and height of the card blank

- a snippet of organza and gold ribbon was added to the embossed layer before sticking it to the card blank

- finally the 'topper' was popped on

Two more for the box, yay!

Onto this week's picks now:

 
I just love the delicate, almost filigree, look to this beautiful card - made by Val.

I have to admit, quite apart from the absolutely fabulous layers of snippets, no way could I not include this card made by Ileana. The image totally cracks me up! Plink, plink, plonk :)

Judy joined in with this fabulous froggy card - and a great tip. I bet loads of us have done embroidery or cross stitch at some point or another so this is a great way to use up some threads/floss :)

Darnell is one of our Queens of Inventiveness, and just look at the fabulous card she brought this week! What a veritable rainbow - and such a lot of patience to place all those coloured pieces into the white 'master' die cut, brilliant! And here's a little heads up - it's Darnell's Birthday on 2nd July!! Hope you have a great day honey!

Having recently bought the Spellbinders Labels Eight Decorative Rectangles die set, it was lovely to see Jenny H bring us this easel card to see. Love it!

Sam made not just one but three of these gorgeous Christmas cards. Tons of snippets used and what a beautiful result too. Of course, the cards were also entered into Sarn's Rudolph Day Challenge - which is open until 7pm UK time on Monday, so you can still join in and get a head start on those Christmas cards :)

Bonnie brought this absolutely stunning and very elegant card to the Playground yesterday. I love it and I also love the two really clever tips Bonnie wrote about in her post - one is how to treat crochet cotton so you can shape it into such as this fabulous bow and the other one is how to emboss leaving a plain panel across the centre of a piece of card. Both really useful things to know!

Finally - I just had to include this card, made by Sue J:
Such a sunny and happy card - and so reminiscent of a 'playmates' day trip to the seaside :)

Which reminds me, if you didn't catch my post yesterday - here - this was what four of us from the Playground were up to on Saturday down in Southampton, which is almost the seaside isn't it! If you forget the docks and huge cruise liners anyhow :)

 
Left to right - Sam and Fergus, yours truly and Parsnip, Debs and Sarn. We had a really great time - and were so busy chatting we totally forgot to go and check out the duck pond! A good excuse to return I think :)

So funny, I just found this comment from Kath, one of our more Northerly agents Playmates, saying this:  'Surprise, surprise that is me in the background, yes just had a fabulous spa treatment and yes couldn't be bothered to get dressed. I always go to Southampton for my Spa treatments - no-one knows me there.' Tee, hee - very funny Kath :)

So that's this week's picks - gets harder every time! We had no new little playmates last week - I think that in the UK lots of people were enjoying some decent weather. Having said that it absolutely bucketed down with rain yesterday here (cats and dogs!!) - but of course, Glastonbury and Wimbledon are on so it could almost be predicted :(

Onto the draw for last week's prize of two sets of stamps, and the winner is:

Congratulations Jenny! Your prize will be on its way to you just as soon as you let me have your address (di_wray@hotmail.com).

And here's this coming week's prize:
But of course, it's a Penny Black 'Tree Treasure' stamp like the one I used today.

As usual, the snippets challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 5th July and will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.

Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the winner of the prize.

Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)

Have a great week! Keep those water wings handy :(

Di (and a wave from Parsnip)
x
 

39 comments:

  1. Ah Miss so was Kath just outa the spa.. big hi from downunder all the other puggles say hi to little puggle.. wintery sunshiney day.
    Great snippetty cards too.. all around!!
    Have started one card for Sarns challenge might get to finish and post before gate's close. Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo Lucky Jenny!
    Great picks and thanks for picking mine out. I really enjoyed doing those and it is amazing how much you can get out of one last piece when you don't want to waste it!
    Hugs
    Love from Fergus.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too funny that Kath was in the background of your photo and saw it on your blog! LOLOL!! Great card Di, and I'll just imagine the sparkle that the photo didn't pick up! Congrats to all of the beautiful notables this week, as well as to Jenny for winning the prize!
    Sorry I never made it to the playground last week, but maybe being first this week will make up for my absence? Playing just for fun again this week, but thanks just the same!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Popping in to drop off a card. Will be back later to comment...rushing about at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab pic - gr8 to see you all and having such a "larf"!

    Great snippet makes - off to my own little box of snippets shortly .... BBL!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to all of the picks for this week. You have created quite the stunner, Di! What a beautiful holiday design. It looks like Carol has been tapping her toe at the playground gate. LoL! Sure hope she didn't knock anyone over!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a fun day with Parsnip keeping you all in order.
    Wonderful picks this week - love that froggy on Judys card, the gorgous colours on Darnells and the sheer elegance of Bonnies - and all the other super snippet creations xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVING you pretty bauble festive makes here Di.

    Great showcased items, as always.

    I've come to play with a leafy snippets card, but am playing just for fun.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Di
    Just dropping in with my card for this week. I'm just playing for fun so should my name pop out of the hat I don't need the stamp. Such a funny story about Kath in the background of your photo. Looks like a fun time had by all.
    Great card BTW and can't believe how many Christmas cards you are up to already. Well done. I'll be wishing I'd been so organised come November! Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards, Miss Di! I hope you enjoy your Sunday. I'm just playing for fun again xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for showcasing my easel card Di, can't wait to see yours with the same die.
    And thanks for my win of the lovely stamp sets, specially the birdie one : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yukky weather yesterday, but good excuse to craft!
    Nice gallery picks Miss!
    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oops. Forgot to say no thank you, just playing for fun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely cards Di, I'm with you on the satin card, your die cut mats are perfect to show off the lovely gold bauble.
    Well done to to all the showcasers this week and to jenny for winning the stamps.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely cards Di, I'm with you on the satin card, your die cut mats are perfect to show off the lovely gold bauble.
    Well done to to all the showcasers this week and to jenny for winning the stamps.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful showcase again Di and l'm just loving your cards the stamp image is lovely and great embossed backing and gorgeous organza ribbon too! and many congrats Jenny enjoy your win x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tee hee, bless. Fabulous card Di love the gold embossing and the embossing folders and the red looks fabulous with the gold and white.
    Will be popping by later but just for fun.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous Christmas cards, with just the right amount of sparkle! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for the spotlight, Di, for my card and birthday! The QoI is ever so pleased to be in the company of these other talented spotlightees!!

    I've got company coming and doings happening over the next two weeks as well as the 4th celebrations, so I won't be able to skip in for a while. I'll miss everyone! Oh, and in case no one has let the cat out of the bag yet, you might want to pop over to my place! Whoopie!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Miss Di

    Very dark in the playground at this time of night .. .. but something quite fun about going up and down the slide with a torch!!

    Great cards for Sandra's Rudolph Challenge and what a fab photograph. Had to smile at Kath photo-bombing!! LOL!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh YES I can see the sparkle when I enlarge the photo. Love the way you've used the oval S/B atop the beaded oval..perfect matting with the red, white & gold. Love the EF too, with the pretty gauze ribbon. Enjoyed seeing the pic of ya'll having fun, and nice to put faces with the names I see. Back later for a more leisurely scroll through. TFS & Hugs. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great picks for the show and tell hitlighting!
    Love your pretty card!!! the design looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just uploaded my snippets card, Di

    Happy Monday

    KAthyk

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks so much for show casing my card last week. Can I say no thanks for going into the draw for the stamp this week.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Di, those Christmas cards are so elegant, they are lovely!

    And what an array of talent in your 'top picks.' All fabulous!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  26. just popped by for a little play - but just for fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am sure I came by and left a comment yesterday. I did as I saw the photo and your picks.
    Ne'er mind.
    Lovely picks and great card there.
    Aren't we the clever clogs then!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Miss Di & the lovely Parsnip.
    What fab cards to start the snippets week off.
    Great stamped images, and wonderful embossing.
    Looks like you all a fab time last weekend.
    I bet Parsnip loved it.
    Making friends with Fergus.
    Congrats to Jenny on her win, and congrats to all on the wonderful creations you have featured.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous card - that stamp is very very lush! Your card is beautiful!
    Fantastic picks, as always Miss and I enjoyed seeing your day out photograph!
    Hope to be back later in the week and will try to visit some this week Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh forgot to ask being blonde and an Aussie what are snippets???
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  31. g'day, just flew in from the land of Oz down unda....hope my card is oky Di and if not just tell me....see ya

    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  32. silly me forgot to link up to snippets this morning, only just remembered.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Acccckkkk...just entered my third card twice. I thought I had not fully submotted it and so corrected it to add the card 3 tag...now there are two...Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Di, love your gorgeous chrissy card, more fabulous pics too, such a talented bunch of playmates! I'm just playing for fun again this week :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Err Where has this week gone?
    Hettie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Super snippet cards, Di - love that bauble stamp. Looks as if you 4 had a great time in Southampton (jealous!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. I have just added my entry, it's ATCs not a card, hope thats OK.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Di, I just uploaded a few cards - I keep it at three ;) - although I could have uploaded a few more..... despite all of that my snippets pile never gets any smaller.....
    Lovely your Christmas cards - your stockpile is growing! I am just playing for the sheer fun of it this week. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love this pretty ornament and I'll be it has a lovely sparkle! Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.