Sunday 29 December 2013

Pixies Snippets Playground - Week 105

We're still a bit Christmas themed in the Playground this week - normal service will resume as soon as possible, I promise :)

This card used just some plain red snippets - it's the last card I made before taking a break from crafting, and was made for my lovely Len:
And a closer peek:
I used:

- 6" x 6" white card blank, scored then folded in half again on one side plus one front to make an easel card

- 'Christmas Cuddles' stamp by Wild Rose Studios, coloured with a mix of Pro Markers and Polychromos pencils. Added 'Polar White' Flower Soft to the little couple's Santa hats :)

- SU 'Real Red' snippets

- dark green patterned paper came from LOTV's 'Classic Christmas' paper pad

- the sentiment is an Elzybells one, stamped with SU 'Real Red' ink

- totally resisted the urge to add too much more, apart from some  round red and green Josy Rose nail heads, plus a red heart shaped one over the little cuddling penguins, aaaah

Len loved it :)

I'd like to enter this into the current 'Merry Monday' challenge which is to  use an animal on your Christmas card.

And also Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge 157 which is to share any Christmas card not already shown or made in readiness for next Christmas - as well as Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra, where it's always 'anything goes'.

OK, here are  some picks from the past couple of weeks - as always, such a hard job, and I see they're all Christmas related too. My first pick surely stole the show this week:
This adorable snowman was knitted by Kanda/Andrea's Dad - a very talented gentleman who is aged 93 years young. Well done Doug - you're this week's Playground star pick! I do hope you girls will hop over to say 'Hi' to Doug, Andrea read the comments left already to Doug and he was thrilled.

 
Oh how I love this Christmas card, made by Cornelia. So, so elegant.

Kate, who lives in Spain, used these adorable images to make some great snippets Christmas cards. What totally tickles me is how sweet and innocent the one on the left is, and the angel on the right is twiddling her toes, peeking and also has a slipped halo :) 

This card really has the Wow factor I'm sure you'll agree. Made by Maureen (ScrappyMo) and I was so taken by the way the skates (some clever chalking added to the die cuts) just pop out at you!

This absolutely stunning card made by Cathy R was loved by so many of you playmates. It really is beautiful - and I just spotted that Darnell was also bowled over by it too. Oddly enough, Darnell and I often share the same ideas about weekly picks - shows I must be doing something right :)

I love, love this Gingerbread man/person card made by Bonnie. Fantastic impact and there was much speculation as to where the other two Gingerbread folk she'd lost went to. I reckon they eloped Bonnie!

I absolutely HAD to include this fabulous Rudoff the red nosed reindeer (who is quite clearly a reindeer and certainly NOT a dog), made by Little Mr P (Maureen's grandson) and then carefully hung on her Christmas tree by the little chap himself - adorable!

I'm gonna move onto the draw for those Woodware stamps now - Len is out as I type but am under orders not to sit over the laptop for too long. I feel sooooo much better over the last few days that am going to continue heeding the advice!

So, with a little drum roll, the winner is:
Oh well done Shaz - your stamps will be in the post to you as soon as possible. I know you really loved the Bethlehem one especially so I did smile when your name was chosen this week.

This next week's prize is still a Christmas themed one, it's never too soon to start planning for next year's cards :)

The prize is two stamps, one is the Wild Rose Studios 'Christmas Cuddles' (same as I used for my snippets card today) and the other little cutie was kindly donated by Eve, by Whiff of Joy.

The snippets challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday  4th January and will open again at midnight UK time on the same day. Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the winner of the prize, maybe you don't do cute? Now, some of you might already have one of the stamps, or perhaps you might only fancy one of them - if so please do say and if you win I can do a second draw with whatever is left.

Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you quite quickly and am always happy to do so.

Hope you have a wonderful time over any New Year celebrations and that 2014 is a fabulous year for you all.

Di - and of course Parsnip
x

32 comments:

  1. As always fabulous pix Miss! They are stunning - I love the knitted snowman, will pop on over to leave a comment next. I love those penguins on your card and it's a gorgeous Christmas snippet buster too! Take it easy on your back this week or else lol! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Di, hope you had a fabulous Christmas - those penguins are sooo adorable! Thanks once more for showcasing my card - so sweet of you! Love all the other projects too, but my favorite is Rudolph on the tree - hope Little Mr. P keeps up crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, dang it! You always have the bestest prizes when I can't play in the playground. Oh well. Just had to say I loved the Len card. How perfectly fitting for him from you, and it was too, too cute. I had a quick look at the highlights and WOW! Some really great ones. Be back later to take time to really enjoy & leave some love. How grand that a 93 yr gentleman can knit! You hadda pick that one for sure. Hugs & TFS (and listen to Len about sitting too long at the pc!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessings of the season, Miss! what a ever so sweet card with extra special greeting - no wonder Len loved it...

    wooooo hooooo!!!!!!! fancy that, re the name draw....
    How thrilled am I?
    I must admit did adore the nativity one, very much appreciated that is for sure! I uasually do love your picks tho cos you have such good taste.

    Pray every blessing for you both for 2014. ..off to peek at the marvels of your top pick. love Shaz in Oz. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you all had a fabulous Christmas, well done to Shaz and all the other enteries. Your card is simply adorable,love the image x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh the card you made for Len is just so cute . . . not surprised he loved it.

    Great showcased projects too. All fab - just shows you're never to young or old to craft!

    Happy New Year hugs to you and Parsnip.
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS: Happy New Year hugs to ALL my fellow Snippeteers too! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nearly time to celebrate the New Year - hope it's a good one for you and all the snippet followers and participants. Some fab samples on show again. I've had trouble linking my photo yet again. I don't want to try again and add two. I don't know where I am going wrong - so sorry.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've tried again and hopefully been successful this time.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Di,
    this couple is so sweet.
    Fantastic projects
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  11. I baaa-ack ... with a snippets entry.

    Saying "no thank you" to the cute stamp prizes. I'm playing along just for the fun of it.

    Thanks for all your hard work in running this challenge throughout the year Miss.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. As always Di a beautiful Snippets card and l'm sure Len loved it ....the image is so sweet and the backing papers l have just recently bought from Lotv its gorgeous.....great showcase of cards and congrats on the winner and l would like to wish all my fellow snippet bloggers a Wonderful New Year take care and be safe xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your colouring of their white fur. Perfect and they look soooo cute too. No thank you for going into the cooking pot this week. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Miss, hope your Christmas was enjoyable and the asses ears have shrunk back to normal size again! Beautiful Len card and beautiful picks too. I'll be back in a day or two with a make! Have a great New Year to you and all the naughty little playground pals, and all the good ones too!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooh some lovely Christmassy makes, I especially love the gingerbread man!

    Love your Zentangles in the earlier post too.

    Happy new year to all in the playground
    kyla

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww, those kissy kissy cuties are adorable! I love all the "fur" adornment on your precious card!
    congrats to all the notables this week, and to Shaz for winning! Woot woot!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card for Len, Di. Hope you both had a good Christmas. So many amazing creations shown over the last two weeks - love the ones you've showcased. I'm finding it hard to get going having had the Christmas break. It's John's birthday tomorrow - I wish I'd made his card before Christmas because I've just really struggled to make one. Think I need a quiet sit on a swing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh and, of course, I meant to thank you for linking the card for both CHNC challenges - I do appreciate your support. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. A very big thank you for showing my Dads santa as he was really chuffed about it. Love all the other super picks too and your penguins are so adorable xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card Di, no wonder Len liked it, sweet and loveable image.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great picks this week--so many wonderful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great spotlight, Di, from little Mr. P to Andrea's Dad!! I am sure this is the most diverse group of participants any challenge has in our community of crafters! Isn't it wonderful what Jules has created and you have carried on?! And, oh yes, I do agree with you on your selections and would say that you are doing everything absolutely right! Well, except for when you don't get enough rest!!

    I love your sweet snippets card for Len, too, BTW! I hope you two have a quiet New Year's eve welcoming another year of crafty fun!! Happy New Year! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooops, forgot to say no thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Forgot to say, you can leave me out of the drawing this time.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Len's card is wonderful...bet he loved it too!
    Those penguins are so cute and the wee heart over their heads is the perfect finishing touch.
    I have never seen the flower soft product IRL, but it sure looks like lovely texture for the trim!

    Thanks for highlighting my skates card. What an honour...but most of all thank you for highlighting Little Mr P. He was very proud of his reindeer and wanted me to write about it on my blog. He knows that Clare sometimes has cards up on the internet and was quite proud that he does too! I will show him your post and read it to him. He will be beaming from ear to ear.

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's early in the morning so ..... my apologies if the snippet entry HAS to be Christmas themed (but it sure DOES use snippets)!!

    HAPPY NEW YEAR to you, your family and your readers, Di

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Miss
    Sorry I haven't been around much. Decided to have a complete break with computers and enjoy Mr Hettie while he was home.
    Anything I can do to help with the fencing?
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Di, I received a really fun happy package in the mail and had fun playing with it last night. Love these sweet little love bugs! Thanks for the shoutout on the gingerbread card.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Another fabulous showcase, Di - I don't know how you manage to whittle them down and don't envy you the job. Love Len's card ... the cuddling birds are soooo cute and the greeting is perfect. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Back again Miss..

    ... and No Thanks to the draw for lovely stamps :D

    Every blessing of the LORD for 2014 for you, and Len, dear Di! you are a real treasure! Shaz in Oz.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy New Year young lady. Love your choices this week and I think Mr. P's Rudolph is perfect. Aren't kids fun to craft with? You are going to have to look for my snippet make as it won't be, at first obvious. I would have taken a close up photo, but I have so much stuff stacked in the photo booth that I just said....sigh....and posted my desk. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm back with some of that pretty pink tissue paper that was in my package! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.