I do love red candles, and white ones too, especially at Christmas. Since we had a gel candle suddenly go up like a rocket a few years ago I have to settle for battery operated ones - admittedly some are very realistic but isn't there just something about a real candle:
It's a tent card with the main image sticking above the top for a change - grin, so that it'll fit nicely into a ready made 7" x 5" envelope.
- white card blank trimmed to 6" tall and 5" wide
- common sense prevailed and I stamped the sentiment first using SU 'Real Red' and a stamp by Hero Arts called 'Merry and Bright'
- SU 'Real Red' card stock for matting and also the candles. Snippets of yellow, orange and green card from the snippets folder for the other die cutting
- the candles were die cut using Dee's Distinctively 'Candle Set', added Stickles to the flames and Glossy Accents to the dripping wax
- holly leaves were die cut using Dee' Distinctively 'Wreath Builder' set with a few red pearls added for the berries
Really I'd planned to spend the whole day doing Christmas card inserts but Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge was niggling at me, plus I truly think that doing huge numbers of inserts in one go is mind numbing, when will I learn to do them all, and not just some, as I go along! Hazel's theme this week is 'Light it up'. And it's also for Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for December, where it's always 'Anything goes'.
Edit: I DO have some wax burners for Yankee candles, with tea lights in - can't beat the spicy smell over the festivities!