- 5" x 5" square white card blank
- a snippet of white card, also 5" square, to layer the background on just in case I got it wrong and had to do a bit of trimming down - which for once I didn't have to do :)
- snippets of plain red card and also patterned papers that were tucked inside the LOTV 'Classic Christmas' paper pad - if possible I store patterned snippets this way. I just used some leftover strips of the paper to create a sort of patchwork effect by putting the tartan paper at top and bottom and then holly patterned strips across, left to right and up to down - simple and it makes a little paper go a long way
- the image is Penny Black's 'Duckie and Hedgies' stamp, stamped in Memento 'Tuxedo Black' and coloured with Polychromos pencils. An early Christmas present to me from me and a first play, yay! I love them and can't wait to use them to add shading to images coloured with Pro Markers (the main reason I bought them). Die cut using a Spellbinders Nesties hexagon die
- 'Icicle' Stickles added to snowflakes and snow on the finished image, which was mounted onto a red backing
- sentiment is by Craftwork Cards, popped onto an oval of red card
- white Josy Rose nail heads in each corner
One super-fast snippets card :)
This week picks are as follows:
And last but not least, 'cos it really intrigues me:
I've been through the entries several times and didn't find any new playmates - so I do hope I didn't skip past and miss anyone out.
As always, there are so many beautiful and clever snippets makes I'd love to show - but looking at the clock here I'm over my allowed time at the laptop so best to move on!
Here's the winner of the prize draw for the bumper bundle of stamps, die set and embossing folder:
Oh well done Bonnie. After many weeks of playing in the Playground I'm almost sure this is the very first time Mr Random picked you as winner of our normal weekly prize draw, yay! Looking at the goodies, and your lovely blog with such a distinctive style I think you'll love them. Can you just please drop me an email letting me know if your address is the same please and the goodies will be posted to you ASAP.
Its taken me forever to work out who entered a total of three times over the past couple of weeks to be in with a chance of our 100 Weeks Joanna Sheen prize. In the end we had 29 qualifying playmates so I grouped and numbered everyone (by that time the numbering was random too!!) and used the random thingie again to do the draw. The winner is:
As always, I do wish everyone could win something each week so I hope you come back and play again girls. I know that lots of you play just for the fun anyway :)
This coming week's prize is smaller than we've had recently, but very cute no? It's a stamp, the same as the one I used on my snippets card today - Penny Black's 'Duckie and Hedgies'. Although I only recently bought the stamp(s) I see that the date it was first introduced was 2004 - almost a collector's item :)
We're still operating as usual and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 14th December and will open again at midnight UK time on the same day. Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the winner of the prize this week, as shown above.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you quite quickly and am always happy to do so.
Hope you have a lovely week! Remember, the Playground Nativity Play rehearsals start soon - and no doubt Mrs A will be dispensing egg nog behind the bike shed :)
Di - and of course Parsnip