When trotting round Newbury with Mrs A, I bought a papercraft CD rom and have finally had a first play:
- 7" x 7" square white card stock
- backing papers, plain, patterned plus the images all came from 'Fabulous Shoes' by Katy Sue Designs, There are 20 different collections on this fab CD, each one is divine. Plus, each collection comes with some really quirky shoe images, decoupage, patterned backing, plain backing, card templates, embellishments - the list goes on. I've only scratched the surface with this card by opting for a single layer image, die cut with a circle and layered onto a scalloped circle
- the scalloped edge down the right hand side was punched using Martha Stewart's 'Traditional Scallop' punch, with little white pearls added
- the sentiment is from the Whimsical Designs set called 'Whimsical Fun - Vol. 1', stamped using Memento 'Toffee Crunch' ink, die cut with a circle die, layered onto a scalloped circle and then a little toadstool embellishment cut out and popped on beside the sentiment
- the ribbon (a much paler mushroom colour in real life) is just tied with a little bow then topped with a toadstool charm tied on with iridescent cord
- then I added some white pearl swirls (bought in New Mexico from a bargain bin). The jury is out here as to whether they stay or not, they're a bit lost in the patterned paper but in real life do add some extra dimension - and if I try to pick 'em off I just betcha I'd wreck the card anyhow. I did ask my in-house critic and he voted for them to stay - much to my amazement.
Two posts from me today, Saturday Supper is below if you fancy cooking something a bit different.