A little while ago I blogged about making an Acceptance card to a Golden Wedding celebration back here. The big event was on Saturday just gone and this is the card I made:
- 6" x 6" square cream card stock
- gold mirri card for the next layer, topped with another square of cream card stock
- the heart was cut using Memory Box's 'Bingham Heart' die - a lovely gift from ScrappyMo when she was over here. I die cut it first using gold mirri card and then a second time using cream card stock - in a moment of total madness. The little flowers and stars were then snipped one by one from the cream die cut and popped onto the matching flowers etc on the gold die cut - and a few little gold coloured gems were added. By which time my eyes were crossed and my head was thumping from concentrating :(
- the infamous photo was die cut with a Nesties oval and backed with a gold mirri card frame cut using a Nesties beaded oval die before being popped on top of the heart using sticky pads
- the numbers 5 and 0 were die cut from gold mirri card using a Britannia Dies 'Number Set' and added to one corner
- my in-house critic agreed that the other three corners looked a bit bare so I added corners, die cut from gold mirri card using a 'Whimsy Corner Die Set'
And then, the same in-house critic said that a hand made envelope would be a nice touch - as he dodged a flying paper trimmer:
- 12" x 12" sheet of card from DCWV's 'Preppy Princess' paper stack, made into an envelope using with my trusty Crafter's Companion Enveloper board
- more gold mirri card, die cut with with a Spellbinders flourish label die
- an oval snippet of cream damask card
- initials cut from gold mirri card with a Britannia upper Case alphabet die
- but, none of my dies came with an ampersand - sigh - so I just added a teeny little 'wedding rings' peel off :)
And the verdict was - they absolutely loved it! Yay, so worth all those hours of work.
This is for the current challenge over at Cuttlebug Mania, which is to use dies, anything goes. I just squeaked in at the very last minute too! There are some fabulous entries already so I'm certainly not holding my breath here.