Here's another entry for Nessa's Frugal Christmas challenge, where you should create a Christmas card using 'non-Christmas' goodies - although Christmas sentiments and backing paper/card are allowed:
- 4" x 4" square white card blank
- snippet of 'snowflake' backing card
- snippet of white sparkly mulberry paper, torn and layered to resemble drifted snow
- snowman made using two buttons, a little snippet of bakers twine and two teeny snippets of black card for his hat :)
- sentiment is from LOTV 'Christmas Grungy Messages', stamped onto a snippet of white card using 'Real Red'
I'd spotted this snowman idea in Quick Cards Made Easy magazine this month - but had no idea how much sorting through the button boxes it would take to find two compatible buttons. But it was fun reminiscing - I even still have the huge orange buttons from a Mary Quant trouser suit, and that sure dates me!
I had a really concerned email from a lovely bloggy pal the other evening, wondering if all was OK as I hadn't posted anything that day. Things are busy here right now with some 'teacher training' coming up - so posts may well not appear on a daily basis. As my pal and I both observed, why do we go into a frenzy of cleaning before these things?
BUT, the Playground will continue as usual, although I may have to 'tweak' opening and closing times in a couple of weeks and you'll be kept up to date about any slight changes for sure.