Saturday 25 August 2012

It's Rudolph Day again!

And also for the next week - you can enter your Christmas card over at SARN'S, the Queen of our monthly Rudolph Day - plus there's a really whimsical Penny Black stamp to be won, yay! Hate to remind you but at the beginning of September I just bet Christmas goodies will start appearing in the shops here :(

In an effort to build up stocks, am now making duplicates - and why not? If you have the stuff out already it's lots easier to make two cards, or even more, side by side. I found this great idea to slice paper into three over at Mary Mac's, who in turn found it over at Brenda's, who in turn.......... :) Thanks ladies, it's given me the 'oomph' to use up some of those Bo Bunny papers that have lovely images on, much too nice to cover with too much else - even though Brenda was super-clever and actually stamped her backgrounds:
I used:

- 7" x 5" cream card stock

- paper from Bo Bunny's 'Father Christmas' Collection, chopped into three

- gold ribbon from the ribbon box

- Craftwork Cards greeting mounted onto a scalloped circle punched with SU's circular scalloped punch using a snippet of red from the snippets folder and popped on with a sticky pad to just lift it

Quick and easy, the work is really done by Bo Bunny :)

One tip, I did trim the base card a bit width ways as the pad is 6" x 6", and of course I also chopped a bit from the bottom of the paper. This might seem really obvious girls, but for once I thought ahead and stuck the two outside panels down first - that gave more room for manoeuvre with the centre one.

Saturday and it's that Bank Holiday weekend I was barking on about in mistake weeks ago - have a fun time whatever you plan to do!

Di
x

13 comments:

  1. Your cards lovely Di, It's got that lovely christmas feel to it, love the 3 panels and a great tip too doing the sides first nice gold ribbon and sentiment have a great weekend what ever you have planned weather permitting of course! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I can see that the center one would be best done last...now that you have explained it!
    I think I will play along next month...the multiples is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're quick off the mark today Di. Lovely Christmassy image. I've made mine but can't post it until we have had our daily visit to the vet.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it Di. Great idea to make duplicates.

    Thanks for entering my challenge.
    Good luck.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card Di, the papers aae gorgeous. thanks for your tip.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Miss Marples, how did you know what I'd been up to!!! Can a girl have no privacy :)

    Anyways, liked your storage idea and will be blatantly copying it - no apologies but lots of kudos coming your way :))

    Now I just have to work out how many magnetic sheets I need for my small but growing number of dies. I'm thinking I should buy a couple more than strictly necessary so that I always have room for any new ones.

    I'm in the middle of creating a Rudolph Day card for Sarn - struck by indecision on what to do to it next so taking a wee break to allow the old grey cells to recover ... at my age recovery time is essential :))

    Love your card and love the splitting the topper in three - it's very effective. Coincidently, I'm using some BoBunny on mine ... I'm sure we were separated at birth :)

    Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card would be so easy to mass produce and it's gorgeous to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When it getw to Christmas week and I'm pannicking I will remember this tip! Posted your Sea glass to you yesterday. Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  9. gets
    gets
    gets
    gets
    gets
    gets
    gets
    gets
    gets
    gets
    There. Written it out ten times Miss.
    Bet you counted to make sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there Di - love your Christmas card - agree with Bonnie, this is really a good design to make a batch of.

    I did a 'Thank You' type card a little while ago and also cut my paper into three - I don't know why, but it took me bloomin' ages to line them all up, and I did it the same as you did. I guess I need more practice. lol.

    Hugs Sue P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. Love the wrapping paper. What a sweet little bird and the sentiment...is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great idea to use up that patterned paper we all have! Lovely Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tnis is gorgeous Di! Lovely way of using up papers with large patterns on too!
    I am sure we will see Christmas ads on TV by the second week in September! Time to think about cooking the C cake too!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.