Sunday, 27 September 2026

Sunday Snippets - Little Robin

Here's my Snippets card for today, and it's another sticker card - I made a run of five, just the robin images differ:


I used:

- A6 off-white Papermania Tri Fold Window Photo Aperture card- snippets of pale ivory card, snippets of 150 gsm vellum and snippets of double sided - sticky paper. I chose pale ivory card to blend better with the off-white card blank

- I had a recently purchased set of little robin stickers from Temu and adhered one onto a piece of vellum then backed the vellum with double sided sticky paper, flipped the image over, peeled off the protective backing and popped a piece of pale ivory card onto the sticky. This gave a solid backing adhered to the image sitting on top of vellum - using vellum is still the best backing for these stickers IMHO. Ask me how I know! Sigh. And a huge tip from a clever crafting friend, which just I tried out - be sure to trim closely as possible to the image before you start - it makes that final removal of the top layer of plastic SO much easier!

Be sure to look for something like UV DTF Stickers if you don't want stickers with clear surrounds. There are some lovely ones but the UV DTF Stickers are the most realistic, IMHO

- used red line extra sticky tape to adhere the image behind the aperture and also to adhere the folded front panel over the image piece of the card

- then, using the Misti , I stamped the sentiment using VersaFine Clair ink 'Nocturne' and a Christmas sentiment stamp from a Uniko 'Most Wonderful' stamp set

- the finishing touch was a little holly embellishment. I made the embellishments for the five cards in one run and left them to dry overnight. The holly pieces were die cut using snippets of dark green card and a John Next Door die called 'Slimline poinsettia' ............. close enough to holly for me! Then covered the holly pieces with Nuvo 'Crystal Glaze'and left them to dry. Once dried I added little deep  red enamelled dots then popped them onto the card(s) right beside the stamped sentiment

- finished! I wish the glossy shine of the holly and the robin sticker had been picked up by the camera though!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Rudolph Days September Challenge - HERE 

Allsorts Challenge #859 - HERE 

Darnell's NBUS Challenge #90 - HERE - the 'poinsettia/holly leaves are a NBUS die and the robins were from a new set of Temu stickers. I suspect that I might not have used the Unikp stamp set before either - bad me!

Remember, I've just kicked off a new challenge over in the Snippets Playground HERE.

Dudley Pupdate: I've decided that Dudley might come from a long line, with full credentials and pedigree, of 'Trade Union Shop Stewards'! "Drop tools and go on strike" seems to be his motto just now.

He adores the calm night air and will happily lie in the garden for ages, often with the hedgie family trotting to and fro for their nightly feed, and a swift news swop with Dudley. Wednesday evening was one such 'Shop Steward event'. Dudley went out into the garden around 10pm and promptly went on strike, refusing to come back into the house! The evenings are cooler and Len can sit for up to an hour on a chair in the kitchen by the back door, just waiting for Dudley to acknowledge him and even raise a paw or so much as flick an ear in recognition! Not one peep from him and he even turned away from one of his most favourite treats being waved at him. According to Len he was also manicuring his toe nails in a leisurely fashion but methinks he fibbed!

I tell you - I'm going to buy that little scamp a flat cap and an oil drum wood burner for his night time outdoors meetings! Then leave him to it 😂.

But, as you know, Dudley is truly totally adored by both of us and, today is his 'Gotcha Day'. It's eight years since this little scrap came home with us to bring his own special little self into our hearts and lives. This photo was taken by the breeder just before we went to collect him - cute huh?


Love as always, Dudley and yours truly,




13 comments:

  1. Darling card, cute image and like the embellishing! Glad you shared it with us at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another oh so sweet card using these new stickers Di, current en.route! Many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card, adorable Dudley, happy gotcha day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet Rudolph Day card.
    Bless little Dudley - who could have resisted that little pup? He’s a little scamp for sure. Happy Gotcha Day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous image on this card and the embellishment is a lovely finishing touch. Thanks for the information on which stickers to watch out for - they are so cute. With my Guest Designer hat on, thank you for joining in with Rudolph Days and also many thanks for sharing this sweetie with us at Allsorts. Happy Gotcha Day too - he's such a lovable chap, even with his 'trade unionist' traits 🤣. Phew, lots of topics covered in this comment today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable and sweet is your image Di this has made a wonderful Christmas card along with the sentiment and poinsettia adds that finishing touch, oh so sweet is Dudley he looks like a bundle of fluff so cuddly x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a cat like that Dudley pup .... none so deaf as those who don't want to hear!! Little toads :) - But we would be lost without them .
    Love your wee robin stickers - they make sweet cards
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Di
    Loving your cute card .. .. that little robin is adorable. Great sentiment and embellishment too.
    Dudley makes me smile.
    Love and hugs
    Jules xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun Christmas card...cute birdie. Thanks for the Dudley update and a hug for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 8th "Gotcha Day" Dudley!

    Fab festive make Di, a great way to deploy that NBUS too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your cute little bird sticker, and the holly embellishment and lovely large stamped sentiment finish it beautifully Di, and Happy Gotcha Day to...8 years, it's amazing how time flies. Dudley is a little scamp but gorgeous with it. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delightful card Di, I love the cute little robin. Wishing Dudley a belated Happy Gotcha Day. Is it really eight years? It only seems like yesterday you posted that he was coming to live with you and Len.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really cute and great idea to use the sticker for the focal point! Reminds me I still have some of the old Penny Black stickers hidden away!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.