Sunday, 13 September 2026

Sunday Snippets - Christmas Angel

Happy Snippets Sunday, and it's another Christmas card from me today as I'm trying to catch up a bit:

I used:

-  a Craft UK 'A6 3 fold white oval aperture' card blank 

- snippets of white card, whole sheets of 150 gsm vellum and also whole sheets of double sided sticky papers

- I had a set of Christmas Angel stickers from Temu and so I made a run of six almost identical cards, only the sticker images vary slightly

- first the Christmas Angel sticker was adhered onto a piece of vellum.  Trial and error had previously proved that vellum is much more forgiving than card if you need to peel off the clear protecting layer protecting layer of some stickers and it just lifts card the surrounding card, ask me how I know! And I did try various ideas but came back to vellum being the best solution

- then backed the vellum with double sided sticky paper, flipped the image over,peeled off the protective backing and popped a piece of white card onto the sticky. This gave a solid white backing adhered to the image sitting on top of vellum 

- used red line extra sticky tape to adhere the image behind the aperture and also to adhere the folded front panel over the image piece of the card  

- the finishing touch was a few stars added from an Anita's outline sticker sheet - called 'Rose gold sparkling stars'. Very delicate and pretty stickers too.

-finished!

I'd like to enter the following Challenges:

Allsorts #858 HERE - under 'Anything Goes' - the main theme of the challenge is an empathetic one of 'Sympathy/Get Well/ Thinking of You'. As so often is the case, I do hope to make a card to fit the actual theme theme in the coming two weeks

Darnell's NBUS Challenge September 2026 - HERE  - the stickers are from a Temu craft haul 

Dudley Pupdate: Dudley now snoozes quite easily on our car excursions. But we're still working on his manners when folk visit us!

A friend from my working days came over on Friday for an afternoon picnic in the cabin, before Summer ends - and Dudley thought it was a splendid idea! A new potential girlfriend!! Len had to bar him out in the garden with a movable barrier - but he remained there sighing and looking hopeful of the chance to be allowed in to eye up said friend plus our picnic! The whole event was punctuated by a little white fluffy drama queen resorting to poking his nose through each of the barrier bars, pacing to and fro, to and fro!! Dudley - not Len!! 

Many thanks for your Birthday cards and kind wishes for today (Saturday) - I appreciated every single one! 

Sarn has opened up Challenge #541 in the Snippets Playground HERE. I love her snippets card and there's a very nice prize bundle to be won as well! See you on the swings!

Love as always, Dudley and yours truly,





3 comments:

  1. No need to apologise Di, we all need them and it's a delightful Angel, I always start so early - like January - then still end up rushing as my stocks get plundered, as they did this week! Always lovely to see you at Allsorts, thank you.

    Belated Birthday wishes, afraid I had no idea or a card would have come your way.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a delightful image! More work than your average sticker though... Thanks for playing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sweet angel and a good explanation on the use of these stickers. Tips I must keep in mind, should I decide to have a go - I've held off so far despite spotting some great designs available. Thank you for joining us in the Allsorts challenge with this cutie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.