Sunday 28 January 2024

Sunday Snippets - Nativity Christmas card

My snippets card for today is a Christmas card. Last year I was woefully short of cards depicting The Nativity etc., so I decided that this year I'll make sure they are made really early:


My leftovers

I used:

- 5.5" x 4.25" cream card blank, side opening

- piece of Tonic Pearlescent 'Majestic Gold' card, die cut using the largest die from the Taylored Expressions 'Petite Scallop Rectangle Stacklets' set of dies then glued onto the card front 

- whole sheet of Crafters Companion 'O Holy Night' paper*, trimmed to 0.25 inch smaller than the scalloped layer, corners rounded using X-Cut's small corner rounder punch then glued onto the gold scalloped layer

- then dug out several snippets from the pack of Tonic Pearlescent 'Majestic Gold' card and used the Altenew mini die cutting machine** to cut out two each of the figures in the Crafters Companion 'O Holy Night' set of dies before layering them together - using a 2mm Zig glue pen

- glued the nativity scene pieces in place

- I'd gone right through my Star of Bethlehem dies cutting different ones early in the process and kept coming back to this one I used - again, double layered - which I glued in place above Baby Jesus in the Manger. The die is from the Memory Box 'Star of Wonder' set of two dies, the one I used and also a smaller version

- no sentiment needed as the scene says it all really

* The 'O Holy Night' paper pad is absolutely gorgeous - the front of each sheet bears scenes relating to the Nativity and could easily be trimmed for some really quick and easy cards. All really sumptuous colours too. The reverse of each paper is equally rich but much plainer and great for backgrounds. I used a reverse for today's card.

** I know I keep mentioning my sweet little Altenew 'Blossom' die cutting machine, but it's one piece of kit I would now hate to be without. Brilliant for sentiments and smaller dies, without digging out plates for the larger machines I have. I don't have a dedicated cutting station for the Cuttlebug, although I do for the Gemini Junior. Just planting a seed there folks! Not cheap but worth every penny!

I'd like to enter this card into Darnell's NBUS Challenge #58 HERE - the paper pad and the Nativity figures were new-ish - I take ages to use things for the first time!

And, Christmas Kickstart Challenge #82 - The Midas Touch HERE.

Also, Scrappy Mo's Rudolph Days Challenge HERE. This is the final Rudolph Days challenge that Mo will run - thank you so much to you and the DT, and good luck to you and Al with your house move and future plans!

Dudley Pupdate: Sarn and I were having a telephone 'team meeting' and Dudley needed to be in on the act of course. Eventually, he went into the garden to play with Len and, just as Sarn and I were wrapping things up - then in shot Dudley, totally in 'party time mode' fresh from garden 'zoomies'. Jumping, trying to get up onto my lap and also frantically calling 'Hello' to his Aunty Sarn in 'dog speak yelps'. I could imagine her rushing off off to scribble in her diary - 'that dog is loopy, rather like his Mum'!

Very importantly, the results of Challenge #471 are now published HERE.

Do please come and play in in the second week of my current challenge over in the Snippets Playground!

Love from both Dudley and myself,



19 comments:

  1. Hi Di, a beautiful Christmas card to begin an all-New Stash, I've just finished one with Silhouette stamps, my first one layer card. Thank you for the inspiration... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely traditional scene for your Rudolph Day/Snippets card. Love the purple background - very regal.

    It was lovely to chat to both you AND Dudley!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a peaceful card Di, love the combo of gold with the paper, and I’m not surprised that’s the favourite star. I have been thinking about a mini machine…may have to go shopping now…xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful scene, background papers and card very well chosen as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Di - I really love nativity Christmas cards, and this one is stunning!
    Oh dear, that pup certainly keeps you on your toes!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. This Di is a lovely Nativity Christmas card and the backing paper just finishes it off beautifully the pearl card goes so well its really stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a real snippet beauty and I love the nativity scene with that big star. Good for you getting an early start on your Christmas cards already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful and really elegant Christmas card Di, and love the background paper you used with the soft gold of the nativity figures and the wonderful star and the pretty scalloped edge to frame it. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely nativity scene - fabulous papers too.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Christmas card Di, the Nativity scene with the gold silhouettes and scallop border looks great with that gorgeous background! I always struggle with double side paper when l love both the sides... hate having to choose one!
    Dudley loves Aunt Sarn, and of course he has to say her Hello! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good old Dudley - always ready to party! How lovely. Your card is gorgeous, Di. That pearlescent gold card is stunning and so is the paper you've used. Thanks for playing along with Linda, and me and thanks for your kind comments, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and very stylish nativity scene Di - has a very opulent look about it in the purple and gold.
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Di,
    oh this is a very lovely card and beautiful snippets used to make the nativity scene.
    That paper used sounds fabulous.
    Not heard of the Altnew machine before I have a fold up Big Shot for cutting out smaller items and sentiments, and for my larger dies I use the Kit and Cabodle electric machine as their are less plates to handle with my arthritic hands, then I have a Big Blue electric machine in a box on my shelf in case one breaks down.
    You know us crafty people we usually have a few.
    I also have the Gemini Junior but I don't like that as the plates warp too much.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a trick to help immensely with the warping Gemini Junior plates Jenny!

      There's a link in this extract from my blog:

      'Watch here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0ZKxQLT3Gg and be impressed, I am! The video covers avoiding as well as fixing warped plates for all machines and then at the end, a great idea for an unconventional 'cutting sandwich' for Gemini machine owners. I'm already onboard!'

      And then about a month later I posted this:

      'Final say on the die cutting machine adventures. The two Gemini pale green 'double sided dies' cutting plates are brilliant! You use them as the middle part of the cutting sandwich which then only has the two clear matching plates on the outsides. No magnetic shim or thin plastic shim needed. Yes, the plates do score, as one would expect, but nothing like the clear plates score - and absolutely no bending occurs to any of the plates in the sandwich! It's early days but so far I rate it one of Jennifer McGuire's best ideas!'

      And I still rate it as a top tip! I bought mine from eBay, lots of places do sell them but many are out of stock. This is the eBay link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/28034078793

      Hugs
      Di xx

      Delete
  14. This is gorgeous, I love it.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous purple sky for your golden Nativity, Di - so serene and lovely! Thanks for sharing at Christmas Kickstart!! Linda the Elf :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful CAS card. Your "meeting" sounds eventful, maybe Dudley would prefer a zoom call!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I could just sit and stare at this beautiful card, Di! What a wonderful nativity die set and beautiful background paper! Can just see Dudley all excited and wanting your attention! Hugs to you from me and a woof to Dudley from Fritz!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.