Sunday 14 January 2024

Sunday snippets and a Birthday Celebration card

During a slightly busy week I made a last minute snippets card for today - and this is the result, sorry no snippets piccies this time - I emptied my waste bin earlier, sigh:



I used:

- 5.5" x 4.25" cream card blank, side opening

- snippet of Tonic Pearlescent 'Majestic Gold' card trimmed to 0.25 inch smaller than the card blank and set aside for now

- snippet of green mottled paper from my snippets basket, which I die cut using the Simon Says Stamp 'Circle of Leaves' die

- then die cut a circle, using a Tonic Studio's circle set,  from a snippet of cream hammered card I'd trimmed to 5" x 3.75" to form the main top layer. I really loved that there was a smidgen of difference between both circles as it forms just the whisper of a green inner edge 

- next I trimmed and glued the die cut leaves panel behind the circular die cut cream panel - rather 'tricky woo' to centre it I admit

- then glued the cream layer onto the gold one, which was already on the card

- then die cut the sentiment using a die with no name, but so like Poe script, using snippets of snippets of cream and 'Majestic Gold' card 

- glued the gold layer on top of the cream layer to form a more robust sentiment

- added the sentiment using a glue pen 

- topped the main image off with a few sprinkles of small clear self adhesive  clear gemstones - finished!

I'd like to enter this card into Darnell's NBUS Challenge #58 HERE - the 'Circle of Leaves' die was having its first outing.

Dudley Pupdate: A friend and I went out for a trip on Thursday morning and when we came home and were trying to relax with teas and coffees, Dudley was anxious beyond belief. We think that in his mind that I was just calling in to say 'Hello' and would be off out again! He settled down more as less as soon as my lovely friend, who he does bond with, set off for home. WAY to shame your Pawrents Dudley Dog! 

We bought a new throw for our bed - it's very soft and velvety and Dudley absolutely loves it! I lost him on Friday evening and found him curled up on our bed, in the dark, having forty winks on the throw!

Very importantly, the results of Challenge #470 are now published HERE

Do please come and play in Sarn's current 'Celebration' challenge over in the Snippets Playground!

Love from both of us,

Di and Dudley xxx



15 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card full of leafy lusciousness! Love the fresh colour combos on this card.

    Fancy Dudley showing you up like that! No wonder he needed a snooze on your comfy new throw! Little monkey! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sumptuous and elegant card - love it. I wonder if Dudley really thought your friend was aiming to whisk you off for another outing, bless him 😊. I bet he was so relieved when she left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely make and such restful colours

    Your regular "pupdates" always make me smile too - hugs to Dudders!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very elegant card, so gorgeous with that majestic gold!
    I suspect that Dudley is still shocked by the boiler engineers... :D and he is surely jealous of you and your home.
    I don't know what's a throw for the bed, my translator only says synonymous of "something to waste", but I think this is not the right meaning LOL :D
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alice, basically it's a soft, warm extra cover to go on top of the normal bedding. xx

      Delete
  5. What a lovely birthday card with that circle of leaves and those golden gems! Very pretty card! It's funny how Dudley took possession of your new bed cover too. They are snuggly warm for humans and pets too obviously :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card and the gems add the perfect finishing touch.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty celebration card Di - I love the soft gold coloured card and fab use of die cuts. I have actually completely run out of pale gold card snippets (and whole sheets!) - had a bit of a panic when making a card on Friday. It's definitely not as easy to source coloured card as it used to be!
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The gold and cream card is a beautiful combination, and love the green leafy circle and just that very narrow bit of the green showing round the inside, and the large birthday sentiment finishes it perfectly Di. I can understand why Dudley loves the throw being super soft to sleep on, and what a case he is getting himself into a tizzy thinking you were deserting him. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that shiny gold and green. A beautiful card. Hope you don't have to share your bed with Dudley when you are in it. Animals have a tendency to pinch all the space xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is a very stylish card and I love it!! Enjoy the new throw: both you and hubbie and...Dudley will join you for sure!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just popping in to say hello, Di, and to wish you heartfelt congratulations for 12 years running the Snippet Playground! Definitely a reason to celebrate! Dudley is such a character and it's so much fun to read about his antics as I can picture him in my mind. I love animals so much. Your card is gorgeous and I love the pearlescent gold and beautiful die-cuts!
    Hugs,
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous card Di! I love the gold, green and cream combo and wondered how you had created that thin green - all became clear after I read your process!

    Sometimes I think that our dogs can't understand why our guests are getting all the attention! Poor old Dudley, thank goodness you supplied him with a special throw - and no, it isn't yours and Len's no matter what you think!! Hugs, Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your gold and green classic, elegant card! How funny Dudley was worried you might leave again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.