Sunday 24 December 2023

Sunday Snippets - 'Yay!'

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! Ho, ho, ho!

My snippets card below was made from some bits and pieces, found in a basket on my desk - the silver panel, the white panel and a cello bag containing the decoupage flower spray and little sparkly butterflies all popped up, shouting to be used! I then also found the white card blank in the same basket/treasure trove! Sorry, I made the card without stopping to take a photo of the snippets:


I used:

- 5.5" x 4.0" white card blank, easel style - a non standard size, which was why it was languishing unused!

- snippet of  pearlescent silver card and also one of white card, trimmed slightly to form the image panel then glued in place

- a Dufex decoupaged spray of flowers, made up eons ago, glued onto the panel using a glue pen

- the 'Yay!' sentiment is a pre-made one, silver on white from the PinkFresh 'Foiled Sentiments' pack - a lifesaver! Just glued in place using a glue pen

- three tiny sparkly butterflies which were in the cello bag with the decoupaged flower spray - glued here and there with the wings flicked up for added dimension

Dufex is probably one of the hardest things to photograph - apologies!

There's a new challenge #470 over in the Snippets Playground HERE. The theme is 'Anything BUT Christmas' - which should get you thinking a bit! AND, two special prizes from Sarn and myself!

Dudley Pupdate: Dudley has carefully watched every step of the tree and decorations going up with his usual fascination. The other day I spotted him gazing absolutely memorised at a lounge door covered in beautiful Christmas cards, slowly absorbing every detail - totally in a world of his own. Many of them are the hand made ones sent by good friends and I fully expect to find him hopped up onto my chair in the craft room searching through my basket of snippets!

Anyhow, we've bought him yet another soft toy and some doggie choccy drops from Santa! For Dudley, the real thrill is the rustling of wrapping paper if truth be told!

As usual he'll have his own little white dish of Christmas Dinner with us tomorrow.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and that you find time, after the dust settles, to join in with the new Snippets Challenge.

Lots of love from Dudley and myself,




15 comments:

  1. Such a lovely shiny card with the promise of Spring to come.

    Happy Christmas to you my lovely friend. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cute, I can just picture him gazing at the cards…..maybe he feels the love oozing out! A pretty spray yay, some great snippets, your card is beautiful, and I hope you have a very happy Christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant Di. Wishing you a Happy Christmas and paw prints to Dudley from our gang.

    The other four legged update since last week, Merlin the Grey arrived an Wednesday and seems to be settling with the others.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous shiny card Di - love it. Christmas hugs to Dudley, and tell him not to overeat!
    Christmas Blessings to you and yours
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a long time since I saw any Dufex decoupage - used to be all the rage and it's great that you've come across this and brought it into the limelight even if it's not easy to photograph. Have a wonderful Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card Di - such a pretty design.

    Merry Christmas to you, Len and Dudley - have a fabulous holiday.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card and all the little snippety bits go together beautifully Di. I can just picture Dudley fascinated by the tree and all the colourful cards, he is such a sweet little fellow. I hope you Len and Dudley have a great Christmas, and look forward to another fun year of cardmaking and amusing tales of Dudley's doings. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely card and even nicer to be made completely with snippets. Have a wonderful Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely Di is your card.....wishing you and Len and not forgetting Dudley a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New year x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your snippets card is quite lovely and I love the little butterfly accents with the flowers! Wishing you, Len, and Mr. Dudley the finest Christmas of them all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Founding all those pieces to put together for an adorable card has been so lucky! Yay, yes! :D
    I'm sure that Dudley is in a full Christmas mood and I can see him (in my mind) while he puts great attention on all the details of the tree and decorations. :D
    I wish to you, Len and Dudley a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card you made from your snippets Di! Hope you all had a great Christmas and that Dudley got lots of pressies. Molly's highlight was when we took her downtown one evening to see all the Christmas lights, there were lots of folk about and she absolutely loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dogs never cease to amaze me! Your non-holiday card is a beauty! I do hope to get a card entered as there are several I need to get made soon & snippets abound at this house!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the shininess of this card and the floral theme with butterflies is delightful after all that snow and pine and poinsettias on my desk for the past two months!! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Lovely to hear that Dudley appreciated the decorations. I can't believe that the ball-orientated Lulu managed to leave the baubles alone! Hugs, Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Di ... I love the shimmer and shine to it and it is so pretty. Sorry I'm so late commenting but I've been away and only had my ipad for company which won't let me comment on some blogs including yours. Adorable vision of Dudley gazing at the Christmas cards on the door ... how sweet! Hope you had a lovely Christmas, and Happy new year to you
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.