Sunday 10 December 2023

Sunday Snippets and some teeny Christmas cards

There's a new Challenge being run by Sarn, over in the Snippets Playground HERE. We do hope you manage to find time to come and play! It's a busy time for most of us, but a little break to relax and craft often renews those energy cells!

I had a couple of NBUS dies which had been waiting for ages to step out and be used - and this is one of the cards I made:

I used:

- 3.75" x 3.75" square white card blank, side opening

- a snippet of the same white card, which was then die cut using a Penny Black 'snowflake stitch frames' die before being glued onto the card front - leaving a narrow border around the edge

- to add the backing to the tags I would be die cutting a bit later required a bit of pondering here but in the end I adhered the patterned snippet to some 'Stick It' sheet then backed that with some fairly lightweight white card (I made a whole batch of eight at once so in fact if wasn't as fiddly as you might think)

- the snippets of patterned paper came from two of my favourite LOTV paper pads 'Frosty Christmas' and 'Krafty Christmas' - I never ever throw out LOTV snippets!

- then drew around the outline of the tag die before trimming it to just slightly smaller then the outer edge - about .25" all round

- that left me with a tag shaped piece of reinforced LOTV paper on top of which I could then glue the die cut tag with the word 'Joy' across the middle

- then die cut a tag twice, using more white snippets, before gluing them together for dimension. The die is by Poppystamps called 'Joy Tag' - it's been around since 2016 so is most likely discontinued and knowing me I'll have picked it up on clearance!

- finished!

I'd like to add this card into Darnell's NBUS Challenge #57 HERE xxx. The dies I used were both having their first outing.

Also, Christmas Kickstart Challenge #81 HERE - where this the theme is 'If it's Christmassy, link it up'.

Dudley Pupdate:  Len gave Dudley a pretty thorough trim earlier in the week. He looks rather shorn and so small that it's like having a puppy back! 

I've said before that he always does a sand dance around the top of the grooming table to make life more fun/awkward. It's funny to watch but no fun to try and grapple with him and do the trimming at the same time! I think both Len as well as Dudley were exhausted at the end of the session!

The past couple of nights I've found Dudley pressed right up against me so I pop one arm out of the duvet and just cradle him in the crook of my arm holding him close. I don't think he's actually cold, he's just aware that his coat has had a thorough trim! By the time Christmas arrives his coat will have already sprouted beautifully.

With love from Dudley and myself, 



17 comments:

  1. What a pretty border die for your card. Love the JOY tag focal point too. A lovely Christmas card using snippets and NBUS materials.

    Dudley is going to need to grow his hair back pronto if he wants to be a sheep in the Nativity play - because it sounds like he looks like a lamb at present! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s so pretty Di, love those dies. Give Dudley an extra cuddle from me! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great dies used her to good effect - handy tips too for layering the paper behind the tag. Must get going with my homework for the new challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for typo - should be 'used here' 🙄

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful card, Di!
    Love the tag die!
    Hugs, Liv

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Di l really like a tag on a card so effective and yours is a stunner and the boarder is lovely too have a good day xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the edging die, so pretty with the lovely tag and snowflake paper. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both you and Sarn went with CAS style cards, and so pretty!! :) Absolutely delightful design with that snowflake stitched frame and the lovely shaped tag filled with the beautiful LOTV paper! You don't trash a snippet of LOTV paper, I can't use the whole "new" pad I have by age! LOL :D Great dimension for the tag, it really pops!
    ... A grooming again? :O I think that Dudley has put Len on the naughty list for Santa!! LOL :D
    Happy Sunday, hugs and the usual cuddles for the puppy-again Dudley!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful blue and what a gorgeous border. That would make everything look special.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a gorgeous card with that tag and beautiful embossed framework! Poor Dudley, he's missing his fur coat already LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card Di and I love the snowflake dp on the stitched tag, and the ornate edge to the background mat is just gorgeous. I think Dudley is just a softy and loves to have a cuddle. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh that's a lovely card Di, and the fancy border is soooo pretty. You'll have to get Dudley some festive PJs 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my that's beautiful, Di! What a pretty cover die for your square, the tag with its snowflakes rests perfectly on it.
    As for Dudley, squeeze him tight while you can, as he'll be back to his shenanigans soon and you can never hug your pet enough

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your pretty CASlicious design, Di! That snowflake pp is beautiful in your joy-filled tag and I love the border on the base! I think it's wonderful that Len can shear Duds and save you that grooming expense. I know what you mean about how different and tiny they look afterwards ... and how quickly it grows back! Hug him tight for me and Nellie, too! And holiday hugs and love to you, Darnell (p.s. Don't see you in the NBUS gallery, but thank you in advance for adding your beautiful card! Mwah!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. p.s.s. Forgot to also say thank you for the beautiful cheery Christmas card which arrived yesterday! Double Mwah!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful use of the snippet & tag die! I have a stack of tags that need to go on cards, so you've inspired me! Ahhh--love puppy dog snuggles! Our Keesha used to wait for me to raise my arm so she could snuggle when we went to bed. So interesting how different dogs of the same breed can be. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this Di ... it's extremely pretty, and I love the fabulous intricate dies you have used.
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.