Wednesday 24 April 2019

Easter cards - 2019

It's been a long haul recently as you no doubt know (sigh) and making Easter cards wasn't the easiest of things to do. I have loads of Easter goodies but somehow felt a huge lack of enthusiasm. Possibly, it's because I only make very few Easter cards anyhow, but I came up with a fairly simple design which I used to make four very similar cards - only one of which you need to see:

I used:

- 5.5" x 4.25" off white card blank - chosen as the image has a soft look about it and I thought pure white would be too harsh 

- Penny Black 'Oh Spring' Stickeroos - popped onto snippets of white card and then trimmed down to suit (daffodils on all four that I made). To be honest these are among my very least favourite Stickeroos ever in terms of usable images - so I only picked a few out

- snippet of SU 'Old Olive' card which was die cut using a really pretty label die by Marianne Creatables (LR0154) - bought many years ago

- at that point added the sentiment using my favourite Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink  and a 'Happy Easter' sentiment from Stamping All Day. They have a lovely variety of sweet sentiments - HERE.

- then just stuck the image panel onto the label and added a lemon ribbon tie (using thread to pull the ribbon through the hole). Narrower ribbon would have been better but at that point I was on a mission and had no wish to hop around our local Hobbycraft!

- finally, used thin sticky pads (which are great to cut down as you wish) to adhere the label to the front of the card

In the end, these were made with care and love, for sure. And I know I've said it before - but I have a swatch of all my SU card stock, which is how I can put a name to SU snippets!





23 comments:

  1. This is lovely with that sweet diecut tag and the olive colour matches so well with the daffodil stickeroos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Diane such a great colour combo. I rarely make Easter cards so have almost no Easter stamps, I think I have the odd bunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shape of the tag, a very pretty result

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, love the daffodils.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous tag and I like the shape!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super tag die and the whole thing gives a feeling of spring in the air - steady rain here today (ugh!) after several days of lovely sunshine and blue skies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, although simple lots of lovely detail to look at with the punched border and ribbon. Emmax

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Tag Di love the colour card you used always associate this colour and yellows with Easter xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Di this is a stunning Easter card I love it. I don't make many either. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just beautiful Di!!! I love that pretty tag shape, the flower image is just so beautiful and yes, I agree, the off white is perfect instead of a stark white. This is such a nice CAS design and I'm glad you were able to get a few made. Yes, life has been very challenging for you! I hope all is on the upside now. My prayers are with you my friend! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. The daffodil image is so pretty Di and it looks great paired with ornate tag in that beautiful shade of green and the yellow ribbon finushes it perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this looks lovely and using the stickeroos was a quick and easy way to make several tags when you just don't have time. I love how you scalloped the bottom of the tag. For a "simple" design this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This die makes beautiful tags and cards as well as you've just shown! I love that beautiful stickeroo that just brought this to life! Wishing you better days ahead and happy crafting times too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty! At first I thought it was a tag (which to be honest I am more likely to make at Easter). Then I put my glasses on and realised the tag was attached to a card front! I love that die cut you used for the tag - so elegant and the green card stock and yellow ribbon complement the sticker perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh that's so pretty Di. Love it. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am certain that I have never made an Easter card and to be honest I don't know anyone who sends them, but now I know that you send a few.
    That is a really nice daffodil image and looks great on a tag, and a lovely tag die.
    I am afraid to say that a lot of my PB stickeroos that are left are my very least favourites too, they look totally different IRL than they do on an on-line shop. Some are more gaudy than I thought and some are more duller than I thought, if you follow that.


    Hope you have enjoyed the lovely weather, changed this tea-time, heavy rain, but garden needed it, and a lot cooler.

    Kath xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Considering all you were going through, these are absolutely wonderful Di. So glad you are up on the hind legs and feeling so much better now.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the tag die by Marianne Creatables, it gives such elegant shape. You did well with the yellow daffodils stickeroos against olive green tag, such pretty colour combo.

    Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Every year I plan on making an Easter style card but fail . Not sending any doesn't help with the instentive either. Do like your resulting tag though using the stickeroo flower. Still have several sheets in my stash. Not seen any on sale for a long time now. Can't type for long as shoulder starts aching. Hugs Me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous design for your easter card. Super tag and daffodils always remind me of easter xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.