Sunday 9 September 2018

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Challenge # 333 - results


It's beginning to look as if Autumn is just around the corner here. The temperatures are still up and down like a yo-yo but at times there's a little Autumn freshness in the air. It's my favourite season and brings back many happy childhood memories of the delights of hunting for conkers, shuffling through crisp piles of fallen leaves - and the promise of evenings in front of a warm fire (when we weren't living in hot countries).

Once again, no Guest Designer and no trip down Memory Lane with one of my old cards. I've overdone things a bit here catching up with household stuff and now have a right shoulder that sounds like a packet of broken biscuits with lots of crunching, and it hurts too! So let's just get straight on with the picks for this fortnight as am sure some of it also stems from using the keyboard and mouse a bit too much.

Let's get straight on with the fortnightly 'picks':
This lovely card was made by Becca and is such a brilliant idea! A real snippets buster with a rainbow of the words 'happy' and then the single Birthday at the bottom right - great idea!

I've chosen to show you the inside of this terrific underwater 'tunnel' card, made by Heather. You can see the outside over on her blog post HERE - and no doubt one 6 year old little lady will be absolutely thrilled when she opens her card - love it!

I really love this card, made by Bonnie for a recent Less is More Challenge. It's really pretty and of course uses snippets beautifully. But it's the tip that really stopped me in my tracks - to line up the small squares perfectly, Bonnie popped them onto one large square of white card before adding them to the card front.  What a great idea!

And we had two new Playmates joining us this time:
Donna Flowers
Donna Barrow
Welcome to the Snippets Playground ladies (both named Donna as well)   - hope to see you again soon!

So that was two new Playmates this time round - and we had a total of 53 entries - same as last time.

Now it's prize draw time, and our winner of the MFT 'Birthday Candles' and 'Party' dies is:

Oh how lovely! Yet again it's someone who plays regularly and also is due for a win  Many congratulations Valerija - I'm sure you will have lots of fun using your prize, especially as I've seen that you do make quite a lot of cards for young children.

Do please send me your address, with full name at the top as well so I can copy and paste or just write straight from the email onto the envelope - for speed and ease. I don't keep addresses of previous winners, even if they might be in my private address list - if that makes sense! It's also confirmation that you still would like the prize of course, not that I doubt it really! I'll post your prize once I hear from you. Please put Playground Winner or similar in the subject line of your email in case it drops into my junk mail. Email address is on RH sidebar as always.

Remember folks, there's still almost another week to run on Challenge #334 - just check back a bit and you'll easily find it. The prize is a Lawn Fawn 'Upon a Star' set of stamps - totally adorable as well!

I'll be hopping around commenting in little bursts in an effort to let this shoulder settle down.

Hope you all have a lovely week ahead, and little Parsnip sends his love too!







26 comments:

  1. Hi Di, it's Pat the night owl..lol. I'm sorry to hear you have a poorly shoulder at the moment and hope the pain soon eases. Wonderful picks and such clever designs from Becca, Heather and Bonnie, and congratulations to Valerija for winning this time round. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks as always. So sorry to hear you've had problems with your shoulder - take it easy and here's hoping it will settle down quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful surprise, thank you Di. I've just sent you an email with my address.
    Congratulations to all picks too.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful picks Di - do hope your shoulder recovers quickly.... trouble is as we get older the definition of quickly when it comes to healing is not the same as it once was!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big congrats to the winner and to the top picks!
    Here the sun still shines, it's summer... :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely picks! Congrats to the winners and picks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic pick and congrats to Valerija for her win.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear that your shoulder is bothering you. Please keep an eye on it and don't get a frozen shoulder!!! They are not fun! So praying it feels better for you soon. I fell and broke my ribs again...yes the 3rd time now! Really, will I ever learn?!!! Love all the fabulous pics! So many beautiful ones and such talent it blows me away. Congrats to Valerija and welcome to both Donna's! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well that serves you right Di, haven't you learnt yet that housework is dangerous and should be avoided like the plague... seriously though I'm sorry to hear you're in pain and hope you behave and take things slowly until your shoulder gets better.
    Fabulous picks this week and super snippet inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. SOrry to hear that you are struggling with your shoulder Di..I hope it settles down soon. Lovely picks and well done to Valerija.Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. As always, beautiful picks for the feature post, Di! Such very talented card makers out there!! I hope your crunchy shoulder settles down soon, luv! Give it lots of rest now!!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Di, thanks so much for picking my card to highlight - what an absolute honor! I am still trying to pick my jaw off the ground at seeing it displayed here. lol Congrats to the other pics - so well deserved! And to Valerija for the win.
    I sure hope your shoulder feels better soon! hugs, Becca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't know about Autumn it has been really cold here. Some really lovely picks and congrats to them all.
    Hope you have a better week.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  14. All great pics . My first Saturday job was working on the biscuit counter in Woolworths and we used to sell broken biscuits by weight so know what they sound like.!! Hope your shoulder improves and take it easy . Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to hear you have trouble with your shoulder, hope you feel much better soon. Great picks again this week and congratulations to Valerija on her win. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for highlighting my card Di! I had a great time and will be joining in the fun again!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous choices as always Di, and congratulations to Valerija. Hope you’re shoulder improves soon.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Totally agree Di Autumn not far from us now its been cold and windy here so lots of trees are losing their leaves now, great picks and many congratulations to your winner hope you have a lovely week take care x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous picks. Congratulations to all winners xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. What fab picks.
    I read the other day that you can be a mouse potato rather than a couch potato! So much stuff online that it is difficult to avoid. I hope your crunching is better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Di, I hope your shoulder is on the mend, my physio insists that I have a sling on my arm if I leave home and that I prop said arm up on cushions and pillows at home at the minute... love this weeks top pick and the pretty floral card by Donna too. Have a wonderful week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats to Valerija and all of the fabulous contributors to the playground challenge! Your cards are all wonderful and so inspiring! So sorry your shoulder is hurting Di, but I do hope you start feeling well again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such delightful creations. Well done everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so sorry to hear that your shoulder is ailing, Di, and I'm sending prayers and good wishes for a quick recovery. Hugs, NC

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow !!! beautiful and so lovely work :) i really like your good idea so much.Thank for sharing.

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.