So, today's snippets card was for Sandra and we all send you our love and best wishes for a happy time in your lovely home!
Anyhow, this is my snippets card for this fortnight:
- A6 (about 6" x 4") white card blank, tent style
- then I sort of built from the top downwards by die cutting the HOME word using a snippet of aqua coloured card, backed with Stick-It adhesive sheet and a Sugar Pea 'Home Sweet Home' die
- set that die cut to one side and then die cut just the house (plus a bit either side) part of the die again, using a snippet of Christmas red card, also backed with Stick-It adhesive sheet and set it aside
- then I took a bigger piece of white card (snippet again) and did some rough calculations with a wavy stitched edged die and the HOME die cut - plus a stamp for the sentiment
- once that was all worked out we were ready to roll
- first of all I stamped the sentiment itself using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and the Misti along with a sentiment from the Sugar Pea co-ordinating 'Sweet Sentiments 'Home' stamp set
- then die cut the white panel using my Creative Dies 'Wonky Stitches Nested Rectangles' set, took the full HOME die cut (aqua) and adhered it to where I wanted it to sit (bit of a ruler, pencil and eraser job here folks!)
- then snipped off pieces from either side of the red die cut HOME house and stuck the red house on top of the aqua one, pressing it down really firmly
- added the little leftover aqua heart, windows and also a little red heart die cut to the front panel and now the main panel was done, sigh of relief
- added a narrow Christmas red layer behind the white panel - another snippet
- die cut the next size up in the Creative Dies 'Wonky Stitches Nested Rectangles' from some more of the aqua card snippet and layered it onto a narrow frame of Christmas red
- glued it all in place and then onto the card front and job done!
So, here's this week's Snippets Playground prize:
Remember, as a general rule, I won't be splitting prizes in future - so these make up one single prize. I've already said, if you enter the draw really only wanting one item, and you win, then feel free to give the other one to a friend. Although, I would hope you agree that both items are a lovely 'pair'.
As always, the Snippets Challenge will run for two weeks and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 3rd March. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
It's a maximum of ONE entry and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Remember, if you link into the Playground and don't say clearly that you're wanting to be in the draw then you will be bypassed if your name comes out of Mr Linky. I'm sure you all know I ask for a positive 'yes' - just in case you're playing only for fun. Thanks!
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
Be sure to call back next week to see the winners of last fortnight's 'Lil'Inkers 'Love You More Than Words Can Say' did and the pack of XCut Adhesive Glitter Sheets. Plus a Guest Designer and fortnightly picks of course.
By the way - I did give Len both Valentine's Day cards in the end - and yes, he was tickled by the play on his surname!
Love from Parsnip (he's still swooning over all his Valentine's Day cards. Odd really, it's the same familiar bear-like scribble and kisses plus a few smudges of his favourite choklit on each one - aw, bless him) and of course from me,