- 5" x 5" white card blank
- a snippet of 'rainbow card' which (in conjunction with the die I wanted to use) dictated the card size. NOTE, the card comes with the rainbow stripes so there was no inking etc. to be done to create the background - just in case anyone thinks I made it myself!
- a slightly larger snippet of black card stock which just needed a little bit of trimming to act as a border behind the rainbow card
- next I backed the middle of the piece of black card with a snippet of Stick-It adhesive sheet (never, ever throw away even the smallest piece of that stuff as you can just patchwork it together to cover the reverse of a piece of card)
- then used a Memory Box die called 'Dragonfly stems - Left Corner' to cut out the die shape from the centre of the piece of black card and put the 'waste' to one side for later
- popped dragonflies die cut onto the piece or rainbow card and ran it through the Cuttlebug using the embossing plates plus a larger embossing folder as a shim. Love the result as it almost looks as if the die cut has been inset
- then out came the Misti and Clearly Besotted's 'Say What?' set of assorted sentiments plus the Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink pad to stamps 'Fabulous Friend' onto the rainbow card
- glued the rainbow layer to the piece of (deliberately created waste, ha!) black card
- stuck the whole card front panel to the card blank - finished!
Needless to say, the fabulous dragonfly die was bought by yours truly after seeing it in use by Bonnie - HERE. Bonnie's version was also a snippets make back at the end of July - well worth a peek!
And, I literally just quickly dipped into the snippets folder and whipped out the smallish pieces of rainbow and plain black card, without even having to dig around :) I keep some multi-coloured card snippets at the front of the folder and further back one of the pockets holds plain black and grey card snippets.
HERE for a better look to see the actual words used in the set).
The Snippets Challenge will run for two weeks and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 2nd September. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
It's a maximum of ONE entry and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. The prize is both items together as a single prize, unless you really do only want to try for a 'split' - in which case I'd do a further draw for the other item. Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Remember, if you link into the Playground and don't say clearly that you're wanting to be in the draw then you will be bypassed if your name comes out of Mr Linky. I'm sure you all know I ask for a positive 'yes' just in case you're playing only for fun. Thanks!
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
Be sure to call back next week to see the winner of last fortnight's prize (a Polkadoodles 'Ribbon Gift Frame' set of dies and an Altenew 'Carousel' set of stamps), a Guest Designer and my picks from the past two weeks.
Love from Parsnip and of course from me,