So, I made a snippets card, but nothing on it is on offer this week - due to a very generous prize donation from Viv which I can't wait to share with you. I do still have some wonderful donated prizes in the Toy Box, so please be patient if you sent goodies and I haven't yet offered them.
It was a bit weird to have a totally free hand with my Sunday Snippets card rather than be guided by the prize on offer, and this is what I made:
- 4.25" x 5.5" white card blank, tent style
- a panel of white card, die cut using a Lil' Inkers 'Stitched Rectangle' die and glued to the card front, with a snippet of white fun foam backing to whole panel to keep it evenly raised
- a selection of Christmas trees, punched using SU's 'Tree' punch and little snippets which were stored in the back of my favourite LOTV ''Frosty Christmas' paper pad
- glued the trees in place on the card front - tip, I arranged them first and then just popped a little pencil dot above the top of each tree to help to position them when I glued them in place - then rubbed the dots off of course!
- pink metallic Josy Rose nail heads on top of each tree
- stamped the word 'joy' using Brilliance 'Mediterranean Blue' ink pad and a stamp from the Personal Impressions 'Many Greetings' set
- final touch, just three pearlescent sequins
I'd like to enter this card for the current challenge over at Merry Monday #223 - Dark Blue, Light Blue & Pink.
Now for the weekly peek at the picks:
That's my picks for this week - again, nine in total but as always I could have gone on for a lot longer.
We had 49 Playmates playing along last week (doubtless Thanksgiving kept quite a few of you occupied) and no new little friends joining us.
I did giggle a little while ago at something I spotted on line:
Prize draw time now and our winner of the Creative Expressions Sue Wilson Festive Collection 'Silent Night' die set is:
As am sure you girls know, I always ask for confirmation of your addresses now - ever since I made a wrong assumption and we almost lost a prize!
This coming week's prize is:
The Snippets Challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 3rd December. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
A maximum of ONE entry and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. It's so much a 'set' that it will not be split up at all folks! Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
Here's an important piece of news girls - our Playmate Brenda is having a fabulous Christmas giveaway of a Tattered Lace Crossover Machine over on her blog HERE.
I'm certainly entering into the draw as my beloved Cuttlebug is not working at full steam and I suspect it might be a bit worn out - bit like me really 😞
Have a lovely week! I'll still be rationing time at the desk - plus, I really need to get my rear end in gear for the Big Fat Man in the Red Suit! It's December soon, it's just four weeks to go until Christmas Day when this post appears - help!
Big hugs from Parsnip, and of course me -