It's my step-mum's Birthday shortly, so I combined Mrs A's Butterfly challenge (Sequins) with this card for her:
- 5.5" x 5.5" square white easel card
- green patterned backing papers from LOTV's 'Heartfelt' paper pad
- Penny Black stamp called 'Gifts for You'. stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and coloured using Faber Castell Polychromos pencils and Sansodor blending fluid
- the sentiment was stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and an Elzybells stamp (long discontinued sadly)
- the main image was die cut using a Lil'Inkers 'Stitched Rectangle' die and mounted onto a larger stitched rectangle (which was die cut one size up from pink patterned paper in the LOTV pad)
- the 'bottom' plate was made in a similar way, with the sentiment (SU's 'Sincere Salutations' and 'Old Olive' ink)
- the greenery was die cut from snippets of SU's 'Certainly Celery' card stock using a Memory Box 'Fresh Foliage' die
- the daisies were die cut from snippets of pale pink card using a Joy! die, then folded in half (got this trick from Debby) and then had little circles wrapped around the bottom, punched from snippets of the green card, using one of SU's 'Itty Bitty' punches
- the butterflies were die cut from a deeper pink snippet using SU's 'Beautiful Wings' Embosslits
- the lace came from Hobbycraft ages ago and the ribbon was from QVC - way back when!
- final touch, tickles of clear Wink of Stella on the butterflies, flowers and the little bee's wings
- and the final, final touch - a few iridescent sequins here and there
It's ages since I last made an easel card, so this was great fun to play about with. But, based on the time taken, I don't think they'll be a regular feature! Then of course I had to make a box to post the card in - and line the base with more pretty paper!
I'd also like to enter this into the following other challenges, as well as Mrs A's:
Crafty Calendar - 'Fancy Folds'
Allsorts Week 314 - 'Satin and Lace'
Penny Black and More - 'Wings'