Yup, we suspect it could be a youngish hedgehog :( Poor Len groaned 'Oh no, why is it always us?'. So, out came the feeding bowls, hedgie food etc. again and today and over the next few days we'll be checking closely to see if we do have a little visitor. It'll be difficult to catch a fit hedgehog then whip the scales out to check that it weighs over 600g which is 'hibernation weight' to judge if it should go to the local animal sanctuary or not so there could be some fun and games here. Never a dull moment - I will duly report any progress :))
Anyhow, this card is for my OH's sister-in-law today - Happy Birthday Maureen if you do hop in for a peek!
A little while ago I was sent some stamped PB images by Jules, Headmistress of the Snippets Playground over at 'Always with a Heart'. It came about because I'd loved one particular image she used but, in the way of so many crafters, Jules sent me that one plus a little selection of images and the cutie I used for this card is one of those - I've just searched hundreds of hedgehog PB stamps on the web and found that it's called 'Acrobat'. Thank you again Jules, I think this stamp is going on my wish list to Santa! Here's the result:
- 6" x 6" white card stock
- Penny Black stamped image 'Acrobat' - coloured with Pro Markers and some 'Lemon Ice' Stickles added to the flower centres
- pink and green plain backing card - Core'dinations
- patterned papers from the 'Bird Song' pack by First Edition. These are truly gorgeous papers, some are 'flittered' with glossy glitter effect almost like embossing and they all co-ordinate so well - I think the pack came from Hobbycraft, or possibly The Range
- sentiment from Craftwork Cards, backed with a larger circle of coloured card
- white guipure lace and baby pink silk ribbon from The Ribbon Girl. I promise you, this silk ribbon is just brilliant, I only had a teensy bit of it left but managed to tie a reasonably decent bow with ease. The pale green (peridot almost) jewelled brad through the knot of the bow is from Wild Orchid Crafts
- brushed pink Josy Rose nail heads
That's my Monday offering, which I'd like to enter into the following challenges:
The Ribbon Girl Challenge # 13 - Pink and White I know there's also green here but having checked the DTs makes for this challenge some of those have used additional colours with pink and white as well so it should 'pass muster' :)
Penny Black At Allsorts Challenge - November - 'All Creatures Great and Small'
Hope you all have a good week, whatever you have planned. We could be on 'night patrol' here - scales at the ready!